very loud signal while changing presets?

rudomat

Inspired
while changing from one preset to anotherone, i get this really loud signal for a short moment...does anybody know what could be the reason and if i could avoid that...? i´m changing from a higher gain preset with a cali leggie amp block to a lower gain ampblock with a friedman be ampblock...i have two expressionpedals set to control two different vol/pan blocks for volumechanges...one i use for overall level-adaption, and the otherone for changing from rhythm to solo-volume...(this second one also adds more delays and reverb etc...)
can it be the axe needs some time to detect that the expressionpedal is not set to 127, but lower...?
thanks for hints!

Is Axe-Edit involved? :)

no...i´m using a g-lab gsc5 (only for midi and expressionpedals in this case - no audiosignal going into it....)...there i can alter the expression pedal transmission period between 4 - 8 - 16 - 32 and 64 ms...but also set to 4ms i do get this problem...

i have two expressionpedals set to control two different vol/pan blocks for volumechanges...one i use for overall level-adaption, and the otherone for changing from rhythm to solo-volume...(this second one also adds more delays and reverb etc...)
This!

Are expresion pedals "wired" as external controllers?

Are you using PC RST? That could affect how it behaves.

You could narrow down where the problem lies by bypassing your Vol blocks one at a time and seeing whether the problem persists.

Another thing that can happen is if you have a drive pedal (or anything that adds a lot of volume) that is disabled in your foot controller andit is saved on in the axe-fx, it can take a brief moment for your foot controller to switch it off. During that time you get a blast of sound. The solution is to bypass the effect and save in the Axe-fx.

Are you using PC RST? That could affect how it behaves.

You could narrow down where the problem lies by bypassing your Vol blocks one at a time and seeing whether the problem persists.
thanks...such a shame - i actually even don´t know what that means....;-)...it´s ok now since i switched spillover mode to off in the global menu...???
can i only use the same type of delay or reverb in the two presets when i globally activate spillover to not get this artifact....?

Another possible cause: delay spillover. A long delay with low level can create a burst when switching to another preset with that delay block set at high level. Or if the Amp gain before the delay is very different between presets.

There's a solution: using delay input gain instead of mix/level.

Another possible cause: delay spillover. A long delay with low level can create a burst when switching to another preset with that delay block set at high level. Or if the Amp gain before the delay is very different between presets.

There's a solution: using delay input gain instead of mix/level.

Absolutely

thanks...such a shame - i actually even don´t know what that means....;-)...it´s ok now since i switched spillover mode to off in the global menu...???
can i only use the same type of delay or reverb in the two presets when i globally activate spillover to not get this artifact....?
PC RST determines what happens when you change presets. If PC RST is off, the Axe will read the currnet value of your expression pedal, and use that right away, as oon as you switch presets. If PC RST is on, the parameter will jump to its saved value until you move the pedal.

From the manual:
For spillover to work perfectly then, the pair(s) of blocks in both “starting” and “landing” presets must have essentially identical settings and be placed in similar routing architectures.

PC RST determines what happens when you change presets. If PC RST is off, the Axe will read the currnet value of your expression pedal, and use that right away, as oon as you switch presets. If PC RST is on, the parameter will jump to its saved value until you move the pedal.

From the manual:
For spillover to work perfectly then, the pair(s) of blocks in both “starting” and “landing” presets must have essentially identical settings and be placed in similar routing architectures.

thanks alot...i can´t find PC REST in any menu....? is it IGNORE REDUNAND PC in the I/O menu´s midi tab....?
best!

Back
Top Bottom