Very high latency after upgrade..please help!

slash07

Inspired
Edit: Resolved->Very high latency after upgrade..please help!

I just upgraded to 7.0 without changing anything on the AxeFx2
THe latency is now huge! It doesn't feel right. I must be missing something.....please someone help!:shock

The latency is high even when the unit is standalone (USB disconnected)

Last edited:
Nothing like that here. what are you monitoring through? Does it do it with the headphone out?

Reinstall the firmware.

Sometimes folks report odd issues like this and a reinstall resolves it.

If that doesn't work, then a restore of 6.02 and email to support will be your best bet.

Since yek is on vacation, I'll give his standard advice: do a system reset.

My pleasure, yek. Get on with your cocktails ;)

Here also everything sounds marvelous..Actually I can hear even less latency..maybe because of even more joy than before, while playing :)

Monitoring thru headphones.
I installed the firmware first, rebooted as instructed and restored the bank files
I also did a system reset - no luck

Went back to 6.02 now with the same steps.....let me see

Since yek is on vacation, I'll give his standard advice: do a system reset.

My pleasure, yek. Get on with your cocktails ;)

:shock

What?! Are you saying that he´s having a real life too? You mean in-between his posts (/updating wiki)?

Last edited:
Ok, back to 6.02 was fine. Gathered the guts and loaded 7.0 again.....this time the latency seems ok. There's some noise on some med-high gainy presents though, when not striking the strings it gets noticeable.....something I don't remember in 6.02..is there some thing still I could do

For me the noise seems less. I'm almost sure there is random stuff happening depending on hardware version and day of the week (seriously :))

The grid parameter could make it less sometimes, hi cut, etc.

If you had a FC connected previously or changed a controller (like me), you can end up with FX that are ON in the grid that are not supposed to happen.
I had it with a controller for the wah and my first reaction was: "WAHt??? This is v7...?" :( Took me a while to figure it out :mrgreen

There's no latency in FW7. Must be your presets. What happens with the factory presets? I bet there's no latency at all. Anything in front of the AXE or in between (4CM)? Post the presets where it happens and it'll be found out soon.

It was happening irrespective of presets. But I downgraded to 6.02 and upgraded again to 7.0 and the latency seems fine now.

Hmm.
I just received the AXE-FX II yesterday. This is the first thing I noticed, it felt like I was disconnected from my guitar.
It did not matter what preset was loaded. It also came preloaded with V7. Today I went looking for anyone else who had seen
this issue and found this info. BTW, my check was right from the AXE-FX II headphone output. I'm going to split my guitar signal (unbalanced Y-CABLE, yes I know this will make the sound suck >just doing it for the test.

Y cable split off the guitar> One signal to AXE-FX II out to preamp (M-audio 2424) line in.
Other split from guitar direct to preamp (M-audio 2424).

I will then set it up for two tracks simultaneous record and measure the latency in miliseconds.
I will also try many different presets.
My understanding is the AXE-FX II should be around 1ms latency.

It feels more like 10+ ms.
If this is the case, I will load V6.02, then reload V7

Any thoughts on this?
This is a brand new unit with V7 loaded, is there a global function I need to check?
I can't image why this is happening.

I actually was very surprised of this.
I will post all information when available.

Steve

Last edited:
Hmm.
I just received the AXE-FX II yesterday. This is the first thing I noticed, it felt like I was disconnected from my guitar.
It did not matter what preset was loaded. It also came preloaded with V7. Today I went looking for anyone else who had seen
this issue and found this info. BTW, my check was right from the headphone output. (Yes, I know sound travels at 1.1ms/ft)

I'm going to split my guitar signal (unbalanced Y-CABLE, yes I know this will make the sound suck >just doing it for the test.

Y cable split off the guitar> One signal to AXE-FX II out to preamp (M-audio 2424) line in.
Other split from guitar direct to preamp (M-audio 2424).

I will then set it up for two tracks simultaneous record and measure the latency in miliseconds.
I will also try many different presets.
My understanding is the AXE-FX II should be around 1ms latency.

It feels more like 10+ ms.
If this is the case, I will load V6.02, then reload V7

Any thoughts on this?
This is a brand new unit with V7 loaded, is there a golbal function I need to check?
I can't image why this is happening.

I actually was very surprised of this.
I will post all information when available.

Steve

This thread is about latency when listening to the Axe-Fx II directly.

You're talking about latency when monitoring through the DAW, right?
That's caused by the computer, not the Axe-Fx.

Back
Top Bottom