Version 7.00 Preview Part Deux

Wow that sounds great.

You know what would sound really great? A Super Reverb (hint hint).

Both sound great. First is a little fatter and second has a little more snap and bite to it, to my ears. Even though they are close and sound a little different I would not be foolish enough to bet money on which one is AXE and which is the amp.

At a push I'd say the second is AXE. Cliff?

I'd say the second is the amp. The ring out is smoother. Could also be variations in playing though. Extremely close.

What's left to do with the programming on 7.0? Everything we've heard sounds perfect.

It's Friday; I'd love to be able to take 7.0 on a test drive this weekend :D (hint, hint... wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more....)

Amazing! Finally food for us low-gainers or should I say guitar players? Cannot thank you enough!!
Any chance to get the Suhr Badger too?

First half is real amp.

Since the preamp modeling has changed I have to go through all the amps and readjust the various gains. So it's going to be at least a few more days.

Thanks for the update, Cliff.

Your hard work (and the whole Fractal team's) is greatly appreciated.

Cliff, sounds great. Can you give us drive box junkies a hint or sample of the new pedal that you previously mentioned. Thanks in advance.

Noice! I've never played through a /13 amp, but, as Javajunkie said, I think it'll be my go-to breakup amp.

Cliff, do you actually take holidays.....? :D

being the sort of player I am [loud and crass], I'm really not a fan of gentle break up and crunch tones...
I like my cleans to be clean and thick, and my dirty tones to be really fried..

so in theory I really shouldn't be liking this tone...

but I actually really like it...
it has a real cool 'honk' about it..

jeez.... the Axe is seriously making me re-evaluate things...

First half is real amp.

Since the preamp modeling has changed I have to go through all the amps and readjust the various gains. So it's going to be at least a few more days.

Congrats. I was just going to post that they both sound great but I prefer the 2nd one. I had no clue which was which but am happy to see the one I dug more came from the Axe.

Will your tweaking of the preamps mean less "harsh" breakup on fender cleans?

I will be away from home for 3 months starting in 2 weeks or so, and 7.0 has helped me decide to lug the Axe down to Brasil so I can tweak and play in my spare time. Great stuff!!!

Oh yeah I second the motion for super reverb!

Last edited:

will this have dramatic effects on our existing presets?
just wondering if we'll have to re-config our presets as a result of this..

edit: it's not a moan / gripe, it just means that if this is the case, I'll be sure that when I go for 7.0, I have a nice big time window set aside for additional tweakage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom