Version 6.00 Preview

+100.

FAS could have said nothing about 6 and everyone would be loving on 5.07. Instead, ...

Not really.

Folks were speculating like mad before any clips were released or 6.0 was even ever hinted at.

Fractal are damned if they do a firmware, and damned if they don't (meant in jest, but there is truth in jest). They get criticized if there isn't a new firmware often enough, and criticized if there is firmware often enough.

The thing to remember is simple: no matter what you do or do not do, someone will be pissed about it and since it is the Internet... they'll be sure to tell every one either way. ;)

Well if a company has a community forum based around their product that is open to the public then they MUST be prepared for the good and bad. That's the nature of forums. If you give sneak peaks of updates to come then some folks will be patient and wait nicely and others won't. It's human nature. We are all different. If the company gets upset from folks impatience about their product on their public discussion board then maybe a forum isn't the best environment for the marketing of their product. I don't ever see fractal upset about the members comments good or bad which i applaud. The bickering is really silly but is a good litmus for fractal that people are passionate about their product. Sorry for the ramble. I'll stop now

Actually, 5.07 is so good that if even if 6.0 comes out tonight or tomorrow, I'll wait until after our Easter service before applying it. Any problems and/or challenges I'm facing at this time are purely a result of my own (lack of) ability.

Scott Peterson said:
Not really.

Folks were speculating like mad before any clips were released or 6.0 was even ever hinted at.

Fractal are damned if they do a firmware, and damned if they don't (meant in jest, but there is truth in jest). They get criticized if there isn't a new firmware often enough, and criticized if there is firmware often enough.

The thing to remember is simple: no matter what you do or do not do, someone will be pissed about it and since it is the Internet... they'll be sure to tell every one either way. ;)

Yep. No matter what you do in life, you can't always please everyone. Its unfortunate, but someone will always be either disappointed or pissed about something. Oh well, I'm happy and will always be happy with my axe. 6.0 just gets me that much more excited.

The only negative from this whole thing for me is that I understand that its going to be a huge release meaning that there is going to be a very noticeable difference in how it sounds and if that's the case the difference in how patches are made. I'm very excited about this release as are many others, but I have to admit that I have slowed my roll so to speak on building new patches. And that's a personal choice and to be perfectly frank I've got a handful that cover everything I need right now. I just really catch myself not taking time to get in there and tweak because I don't want to invest a lot of time in something that isn't going to translate to the upgrade.

I'll live; it's a very small sacrifice compared to the benefit of continued progress. It's just something I've noticed and I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone here.

I'm not complaining and I can wait with the best of them. But I do think that some of the tension is coming from similar perspectives. Its probably about a 50/50 split of wanting to mess with the new tone matching stuff and feeling a bit grounded because of not really knowing for sure how big an impact this is going to make on existing patches and holding off.

Point taken - I was being tacky. I only waded into the fray because of the tone of your other comments which seem ridiculous to me. Ripping your grammar was low-hanging fruit and I apologize for criticizing your English. I am not able to spell Portuguese, much less construct a proper sentence using it. I hope we can make up and move on - it wasn't my intent to derail the thread.

To paraphrase Salt-n-Pepa: "Let's talk about 6, baby..."

All is good dude! :) That comment was a way to let you know that i'm portuguese, didn't mean to offend anybody
Let's chill out everybody.
I think some guys are taking my comment out of context. Like i say in my the original post, i love my axe fx II. I wouldn't trade it for the Kemper, the axefx has alot more to offer.
And i wasn't complaining about anything, just making a opinion

I can answer your question so you will not need to hold our breath. :) On the other hand you did not answer mine but that is ok. Cliff commented long ago that he thought of the "profiling" method and decided against it. He felt, and I happen to agree with him (on this point) that the modeling approach offered more and gives users a broader spectrum to not only dial in the original amp sounds but to expand our horizons and create our own. He also has since commented that the Kemper is more plug and play and the Axe is more for tweaking (not a direct quote). Now he simply adds a functionalty that adds a similar plug and play approach for those who have struggled with the enourmous amout of tweakable paramaters. A win/win for ALL in my humble opinion!

And I beg to differ with your above comment that you didn't mention in your comment on why its taking too long. "The Axe fx II was not built to make this kind of profiling or tone matching, it's a last resort mesure, it will have flaws." Your statement seems pretty apparent to me. I must have comprehended it incorrectly?

Of course it’s a big change. There is more than the tone matching going on. That was my point to begin with. There is all the integration with Axe-Edit and the MFC-101 not to mention the reworked Amp modeling (which is what I am more excited about BTW).

These things take time. The beta testers are working hard to provide us as clean a release as possible. On a volunteer basis I might add. I have plenty of experience delivering complex software and it very time intensive and the beta process can take many iterations. Especially when incorporating the other two products into the release.

My question to you was simply how you came to the conclusion that the II was not built for this kind of firmware upgrade and it was a last resort to do so. You cannot answer that. I know this and that is why you got my tongue in cheek hold my breath comment.

All is good, we will get it when it is ready. And no doubt many will complain it took too long just as others will complain it was not refined enough and they should have taken longer. It’s the nature of the beast today in the we want it now self-gratification world we live in. I am just happy to be along for the ride and will be thrilled when it comes out. Be that today or two months from now.

In the meantime, I have the greatest modeler on the planet that far exceeds my talents and/or capabilities. No complaints from me…

I answer your question with a answer that you answer :)
I have my opinion on this new firmware, i gave it on a forum....my bad! it will not happen again:)
I am not complaining on anything
Your last sentence, i agree with you and never i said it wasn't

All is good dude! :) That comment was a way to let you know that i'm portuguese, didn't mean to offend anybody
Let's chill out everybody.
I think some guys are taking my comment out of context. Like i say in my the original post, i love my axe fx II. I wouldn't trade it for the Kemper, the axefx has alot more to offer.
And i wasn't complaining about anything, just making a opinion

Well I love Portuguese and Sergio Mendez - 'nuff said!!! :)

+100.

FAS could have said nothing about 6 and everyone would be loving on 5.07. Instead, ...

Just to add

I come way from Standard.I have seen countless (11+ 5--> not to count the sub things like 5.03a) firware upgrades.
The thing which is different now is that Cliff ,a bit earlier as usuall ,has posted clips as it seems he himself was exited about the result.

For me this means ,as FAS has never let me down ,that we are looking for something great(ER--> is great allready)

I aslo beg to differ on this AXE FX was not made for it-->It was made for that and myrads more but was not deemed necessary at the time of launch

And also for me the amp modelling and possible new amps makes me a bit more curious then the tone match .

My 2 cents while waiting

Roland

PS:I was also more interested in a long ago Cliff quote that there could be a possibility to virtually build an amp from its schematic in the Axe(so I can make all thet hot rodded ones) and go the way from Princeton to Mark I but that was postponed and/or dumped for the tone match for now

I answer your question with a answer that you answer :)
I have my opinion on this new firmware, i gave it on a forum....my bad! it will not happen again:)
I am not complaining on anything
Your last sentence, i agree with you and never i said it wasn't

No problem. Was just curious how you came to that conclusion. No biggie. ;)

Back
Top Bottom