Version 6.00 Preview

I said it early in the this thread, but it bears repeating....

Fractal is working hard, Fractal employees are working hard, and beta testers are working hard. It will not be done until it is done. It will get done. It will be worth the wait.

LOL! That's like I said about 3 pages ago. "Soon" is a word a lot of people here don't quite understand, because it's an indefinable word. It's relative to whatever it is you want it relative to. It doesn't mean imminent or tomorrow. Cliff says soon and folks start slathering, slobbering and getting ready to install. Soon means soon, like it could be another month, or next week, or tomorrow, but not likely.

You guys just had to bring everybody back to reality, didn't you? :)

In all seriousness, I think anybody who has been here for even just a few months knows that "soon" doesn't necessarily mean it's coming this week. I actually think Cliff must be a bit of a glutton for punishment to even announce what's coming soon, knowing full well from past experiences that there is always a small contingent of users who get a bit hostile when Cliff's version of soon isn't soon enough for them.

Well, it's been 30 seconds, I guess it's time to hit F5 again.

Last edited:
Hell, even if it doesn't I still say it is for the amp match and EQ match. Just think, they updated the amp modeling as well. We are about to get a brand new box. This truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Best purchase EVER!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually couldn't agree with you more. Can't wait to amp match my other guitar players Sunn model-T. If all goes well the look on his face is going to be priceless.

Tone/EQ Match - Excited to try!

Universal protocol that syncs axe fx w/ edit & MFC - REALLY excited for this one

Updated Amp Modeling - This is exactly why I have this box to begin with, so even more excited to hear the improvements.

It's a great time to be an Axe II owner!!!!!

I said it early in the this thread, but it bears repeating....

Fractal is working hard, Fractal employees are working hard, and beta testers are working hard. It will not be done until it is done. It will get done. It will be worth the wait.

So, give us a hint; how many weeks is that in dog years?

Soon. This is a big release accompanied by an MFC and Axe-Edit update. We have a new protocol that syncs everything. So if you change a preset via the front panel or Axe-Edit, the MFC syncs up, etc.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff too. Tuner now goes down to G0 (and is strobe-tuner accurate).

The tuner may be my favorite part. Thanks for the dedication!

Soon. This is a big release accompanied by an MFC and Axe-Edit update. We have a new protocol that syncs everything. So if you change a preset via the front panel or Axe-Edit, the MFC syncs up, etc.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff too. Tuner now goes down to G0 (and is strobe-tuner accurate).

Thanks Cliff..!! Rock It...!!!

What's the deal and excitement I'm missing with the tuner? So you can do non-standard tunings?

There were a number of folks who expressed a wish to be done with their strobe tuners. I personally never had an issue with the tuner, since regardless of accuracy, each guitar I own has it's own tuning 'quirks' based off of frets, my style, and un-decipherable intonation issues. Apparently this will be rectified.

Ron

What's the deal and excitement I'm missing with the tuner? So you can do non-standard tunings?

as it is right now with tuning bass instruments, the tuner tracking is quite dodgy for notes below the open D string, and the lower you go, the less responsive the tuner is. Open string tuning of low drop D or 5th string low B is near impossible in that range for all intents. 7 & 8 string guitarists have also noted the same problems with tuning the low strings. (Please let's not turn this into yet ANOTHER thread derailment on "how to tune your instrument using harmonics", which has been beaten to death on other threads, thanks.)

So, yeah, if you're a bassist or 7/8 stringer, this is really good news.

Back
Top Bottom