Version 6.00 Preview

20K views wow!
JB does have a creamy sound, nice when he blends the marshall and the other flavor of the day.
he does listen to too much EJ i think though, lol

Last edited:
I can pretty clearly hear the difference in that last clip, the eq sounds about the same but the first clip has thump, depth, and cabinet knock that the second doesn't so I would say the first is the amp, I'm hoping it's not and the axe is sounding better than the real thing.

Yeah, a subtle difference where there is maybe a hint of a nasal drone and some muffling of the higher freqs in the latter part. It also feels a bit more less dynamic, where the first run is maybe more unbridled. I would guess it's amp-axe but that's just by the noise. That minor difference, though, could be in the playing, slight volume disparity etc.

Sounds like it might be a useful tool, even though I personally have never been hankering that much for this "Kemperish" functionality. What I'd maybe like to do with it is match my Parker's piezo to a great sounding acoustic and see what that does. I've already had pleasing results capturing IR's of an acoustic body. The piezo-acoustic IR sound I get now is not exactly like an acoustic as the attack is always different particularly on the bottom end, but that's ok. I already like the sound for what it is.

I'm so looking forward to this feature and to v. 6.0 in general. I just purchased the Kemper amp out of curiousity and I'm trying to find some tones in there too, but I must say I really like Cliff's modular approach. After noodling with the competition (and the Kemper's no slouch), upon returning to the Axe, it strikes me how good it not only sounds but _feels_. And we're only at v 3.07. Fractal must be doing something very right.

Multitrack masters are ready for 6.0 launch !
I predict a rare invasion of presets, so i hope the long awaited AxeChange will be part of the 6.0 bundle ;)

Last edited:
I dont know man.......I feel like something big is brewing....... Like 6.0, MFC and AE incl axe change ;)
It is ready when it's ready ;)

I know it 's funny to say "prof . . . match an amp tone", but let's be honest, profiling isn't a trademarked word. I understand the negative connotation of using a competitor's terminology as well, but again, they didn't (& can't) copyright "profiling".

I'm sure their brains are at work to figure out a cool marketing word for the process, but I bet around the shop they say "profile".

I'm reading the thread, but maybe I skipped it:
Can this be done from Axe-Edit AND AFX2 or just AFX2 only?

The term "Tone Matching" seems to fit what the Axe-II will be doing once 6.0 drops, because it will be EQ matching a tone from a tube amp or isolated guitar track to an existing Axe-II amp block of a similar ballpark tone/gain type.

Back
Top Bottom