Version 6.00 Preview

I'm very excited about this upcoming release. for me, more specifically for the matching of clean tones, which I find harder to do than distorted sounds. Such as the intro to Robben Ford's Life Song, the ultimate clean tone IMO.
Looking forward to see how the new block handles something like that.

I agree.
That's one of the best clean sounds i've ever heard.
Sounds like it's played with fingers/no pick.

Specifically, I'd like to see what the tone shaping does with a clip like this:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/46864-bassman-challenge.html

That's Stan. Really good player...great guy. But I might be able to do you one better than tone matching that clip, cool as it may be. (And, who knows, maybe the tone matching results from that clip would be stellar. Fingers crossed.)

Anyway, I have a '60 Tweed Bassman. Sounds unbelievably kick ass...just like Stan's. Now, if I could amp/tone match it, does that mean the preset could be shared like any other preset? I believe someone asked the same question earlier in the thread. It seems like the answer would be "yes".

That's Stan. Really good player...great guy. But I might be able to do you one better than tone matching that clip, cool as it may be. (And, who knows, maybe the tone matching results from that clip would be stellar. Fingers crossed.)

Anyway, I have a '60 Tweed Bassman. Sounds unbelievably kick ass...just like Stan's. Now, if I could amp/tone match it, does that mean the preset could be shared like any other preset? I believe someone asked the same question earlier in the thread. It seems like the answer would be "yes".

Yes.

Truly incredible. When I bought the Axe II, I had some expectations on continuous improvement of the product, given Cliff's track record. I wasn't expecting to experience Christmassy excitement of a 7-year old every few months in a year though :shock! In that respect, this 6.0 release seems to be far out there.

One question I have at this point; can people with a non-FRFR setup use these features as intended? For example is it possible to make an IR of your cab, and have the tone/amp matching algorithms take this into account when they search for a match?

might have been answered before, but can we exchange the matched amps with other users? (like presets)

How about trying a acoustic guitar for cab block can it have the same affect on it. So build your tone as close as you can then do same process as for amp tone match ??

If Tone Match settings are saved in a Tone Match block, then you would want to X/Y them with the Amp block X/Y, no?

ahhhhh! Understand! First thought was: You can just match an original sound = ONE sound, so ... no sense for selections. But you assume to change to complete "rigs" (AMP + CAB (=tone match) ) in one preset, right? Yeah, THIS would make sense - you`re right!

that should be pretty easy. ...but don't forget the man's fingers ;)

p.s. what's the prize ? is the prize gonna be even bigger if I do it before 6 is released :) ?

Hopefully I can come up with something that would be a suitable reward for your effort!

I sure don't own a Steel String Singer, and I haven't come all that close using other amps I own, so if you can pull it off, more power to you! There's actually a much better clip of that dirty rhythm sound elsewhere in that instructional video, but I couldn't (quickly) find it on YouTube.

Truly incredible. When I bought the Axe II, I had some expectations on continuous improvement of the product, given Cliff's track record. I wasn't expecting to experience Christmassy excitement of a 7-year old every few months in a year though :shock! In that respect, this 6.0 release seems to be far out there.

One question I have at this point; can people with a non-FRFR setup use these features as intended? For example is it possible to make an IR of your cab, and have the tone/amp matching algorithms take this into account when they search for a match?

This is what i would like to know, how is this all going to work for the non FRFR setup. Ive never been an FRFR person, and dont have an axe II yet but could see myself getting one if this translates as well to non FRFR as it does to FRFR

I have some questions:

How long of an audio clip will you have to have to tone match from recordings?
What is the minimum length of an audio clip that will still work?

Does the audio clip have to be of just pure solo guitar, or will it still work if there are some other instruments in the track?

Sounds like a really great new feature. Any idea when this will be available?

All the very best!
Terry

Back
Top Bottom