Version 5 mini review

It occurs after the amp so it doesn't affect the way the amp saturates, but it will affect the way the cab block will sound. It is dependent on the motor drive level and the signal level of the input into the cab block I believe. It simulates the effect of what happen when you send high power levels to the speakers (clean or saturated).
Thanks JJ :)
So putting a booster after the poweramp I could benefit of both a clean amp and a non linear cone? Or is this impossible to setup?

It occurs after the amp so it doesn't affect the way the amp saturates, but it will affect the way the cab block will sound. It is dependent on the motor drive level and the signal level of the input into the cab block I believe. It simulates the effect of what happen when you send high power levels to the speakers (clean or saturated).
(sigh) And thus the debate is revived, as a definitive answer does not exist.

I assumed this was the case. I was then told that Cliff stated that this was interactive with the amp (in some way; similar to speaker RF), though I could not find this information. The latter was supposedly the reason "cab block, or amp block?" was still up in the air. Yet more confusing bits with no clarification. I surrender.

I go crazy when I hear a cymbal And a hi hat with a souped up tempo I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo Rollin in my 5.0 With my ragtop down so my hair can blow

Where my straight jacket at, I’m a psycho
Where that white blow?, Why they copy my flow?
If it’s not Young Money, it’s a typo
There them lights go, we don’t talk to five-o

nikki-k said:

I assumed this was the case. I was then told that Cliff stated that this was interactive with the amp (in some way; similar to speaker RF), though I could not find this information. The latter was supposedly the reason "cab block, or amp block?" was still up in the air. Yet more confusing bits with no clarification. I surrender.

Now we will know for sure... Firmware 5 just released!!!!!!!'

LOL, is it just me, or on this forum, everyone thinks that previous versions are junk and new versions just blow things away. :)

LOL, is it just me, or on this forum, everyone thinks that previous versions are junk and new versions just blow things away. :)
It's only half you. :)

It's hard to find people who think that the previous versions were junk; there are still lots of happy Standard and Ultra users. But there are a lot of folks who have seen new versions blow away earlier versions.

I don't believe he ever said that. I believe he only said what is in the release notes.
Just like the speaker drive which used to be in the cab, the motor drive is probably the same thing.

Last edited:
JackingIn.jpg
Trinity, please run the Petrucci, Haynes, and Carlton downloads for me.

Back
Top Bottom