Version 10.00 Stuff

Wow! i'm stoked that my favorite triaxis modes are going in. Even though I haven't used my triax since getting the Axe2, I think i'm finally going to take it out of the rack.

Thanks Cliff!

images

Who knew he also plays guitar?

don't be silly: Chuck plays every instrument, even those not yet invented :-D

Semi-off topic, but does the "G2 Modeling Technology", which is printed on the front of every Axe II unit, even exist anymore? Or does any change in the modeling process, no matter how significantly different, just fall under the G2 label (until there's an Axe III anyways)?

I think the G2 tech refers to the way they modelled the tube behaviour specifically, so changes in the surrounding tech shouldn't impact that I recon? :)

WOW Cliff. That sounds so amazing. :)

All Recto models have been reworked. Note that the Orange Modern and Red Modern models have no negative feedback and therefore the Presence control is a Hi Cut control. The operation of this control is reversed as compared to the actual amp. If the amp’s Presence control is fully clockwise the corresponding setting of the model’s Hi Cut control is fully ccw. Also note that the model’s Hi Cut control has about twice the range of the actual amp so fully ccw on the amp is equal to about noon on the model.

Does the Hi Cut already have twice the original range in version 9? I always get the feeling there is a huge difference between I hear using the Recto models in modern mode and what I see on real Rectos. I know I should only listen to my ears but in most cases my eyes and ears agree with each other. Not so with the Recto Hi Cut control. :)

Completely reworked PVH 6210 model based on “Block Letter” EVH 5150. This model has been renamed “PVH 6160 Block”.

Added “PVH 6160 II” model based on a Peavey 6505+.

Aren't these amps supposed to be extremely close to each other regarding their lead channel?

The gain of the USA Lead models has been increased by about two as most people set the Drive knob higher than the setting used in the original models.

So Lead Drive now defaults to higher value (than 7 as it is now) and if I want less I can still reduce the input trim?

I'd like to see more ENGL amps in the Axe-FX for the metal players such as Engl Savage 120, ENGL SE EL34 and ENGL Fireball 100
Thanks

The SE is somewhat Engl's Mark V meaning it's the "all-in-one" Engl. The Fireball is pretty close to the Powerball so I guess you can easily tonematch the PB model to a Fireball, or even tweak the model to sound similar. At least you could if the PB was close to the real thing which I feel it isn't (yet), although it has become much closer and more usable with version 9.

So this release will be one of those where we'll all need to reset the amp blocks in our presets. A process that I dislike, yet like at the same time. There are few instances of that which occur in general day to day life. I'm looking forward / not looking forward to it.

AMAZING! Just one please!?
Please keep all parameters adjustable via the front panel. Maybe I misunderstood but I think that it is great to have everything within the black box and not to be dependent on a computer to make changes. Not even bias excursion changes.
Most Greatfully Please if it is possible?!?

+1 please!

The V10 changes sound amazing. But making certain parameters AxeEdit-only would seriously spoil the fun.

1) For user interface reasons: I often play with no computer connected and would not want to be restricted by that.
2) For lock-in reasons: I do not use Windows or Mac OS. And I have not heard anything about a free-software version of AxeEdit being released :)

Please please reconsider. I have always held the opinion that AxeEdit is a bonus, and people should not complain about it, since the fully functional product is the Axe-Fx II. Please keep it that way for FW 10+!

Last edited:
Very cool, super exited! +1 on all the comments about Cliff working hard, couldn't ask for more quality and quantity from a company.
One question, any word on the new generation cab IRs being implemented in this firmware?

Last edited:
Does this guy ever have a holiday???

People who don't own an AXE look at it as an expensive unit. But the value is unbelievable, particularly with this level of customer service!

All Recto models have been reworked. Note that the Orange Modern and Red Modern models have no negative feedback and therefore the Presence control is a Hi Cut control. The operation of this control is reversed as compared to the actual amp. If the amp’s Presence control is fully clockwise the corresponding setting of the model’s Hi Cut control is fully ccw. Also note that the model’s Hi Cut control has about twice the range of the actual amp so fully ccw on the amp is equal to about noon on the model. As noted in the paragraph on MIMIC, the Modern modes are highly sensitive to MV setting. Higher MV settings result in more midrange focus while lower MV settings produce a more scooped tone. It is recommended to experiment with the MV setting to achieve the desired tone while compensating for the level increase/decrease with the Level control.

So the hicut range is basically 0.00-5.00 to corresponde real presence 0-10 but reversed? Meaning 2.50 would be noon at real "presence"? In my roadster I had presence around 1 o'clock so would that be like hicut at 2.00-2.30?

Still lots to do. I have some amps coming in and I still have a bunch of amps to put through the MIMIC process.

This is what I have so far:

NOTE: THIS IS A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE, PARTICULARLY IN REGARDS TO AMPLIFIER MODELING. THIS FIRMWARE MAY, AND PROBABLY WILL, CHANGE THE SOUND OF EXISTING PRESETS. YOU SHOULD AUDITION ALL YOUR PRESETS AFTER INSTALLATION AND CHECK FOR PROPER OPERATION AND TONE. AN AMP MODEL CAN BE RESET BY TEMPORARILY CHANGING THE AMP TYPE AND THEN CHANGING BACK TO THE DESIRED TYPE. THIS WILL LOAD THE MODEL WITH DEFAULT PARAMETERS.

Implemented

Why does my tapatalk app keep doing that? I just typed an entire post about how darn grateful I am for Cliff an co. to rework the boogie models.

Aww heck!!! Thanx Cliff and all of FAS!!!

I would love to see JP go all in with the Axe!
From two frigde-size racks to a 3U with Axe and a powerconditioner! :D

Back
Top Bottom