Version 10.00 Stuff

10 sounds incredible!
I wonder how updates will affect existing tone matches. I've never done one, as I've only just got my II but i wanted to try and tone match a couple of my gen 1 patches before moving my std on - particularly one which i had trouble recreating when I tried a II on a version prior to tone match. Are the tone matches only accurate for the firmware they are created on? If so, perhaps I need to record a stack of reference clips for any future tone matching before moving gear on?

I just got this thing and already some new firmware coming, awesome! The quality of the Axe Fx II, has within days far surpassed what I've been used to for the past 3 years. It's been a long time since I've been actually excited about a piece of gear. Keep up the great work Cliff!

Last edited:
studio_zps466c9bff.png

Matt just got back from several days at the studio. Fortunately I was able to get my latest epiphany into the firmware literally hours before the sessions started. The engineer, who has 38 gold and platinum records to his credit, and a certain muscly, bearded guitar player, were "blown away" by the beta version of 10.00 we put on their box. According to the guitar player "Version 10.00 is mind-blowing".

The good news is that we have permission to share the presets and tone matches. As soon as V10 is ready we'll put them up on Axe-Change.

I am guessing there maybe be a Mark V in the 10.0 ,did you guys also get a chance to shoot IR's on Johns Cabs??

I would love to see the Suhr SE-100 that amp kicks ass. I love what you do cliff the axe 9.02 sounds so good I'm in love
Thanks again gary norris.

I hope Dweezil's Bassman isn't too far off the current version. I really like a couple Bassman patches I have. Either way I'm stoked for this update.

What happens when the axe realizes singularity? It could be sooner than we think. Im starting to fear for the future of mankind. And....MIMIC? That right there makes me have chicken skin.

Semi-off topic, but does the "G2 Modeling Technology", which is printed on the front of every Axe II unit, even exist anymore? Or does any change in the modeling process, no matter how significantly different, just fall under the G2 label (until there's an Axe III anyways)?

Last edited:
Great news! but I can't help but think of all the work that has been done based on the release notes and how many things needed to be fixed. I guess I don't play with some of the amps that needed to be worked over to notice or maybe it's sonically not that prevalent unless you have the real deal to A/B it to. Ether way can't wait to check out the new Firmware.

The gain of the USA Lead models has been increased by about two as most people set the Drive knob higher than the setting used in the original models.

Oh great, now I'm really going to get accused of using too much gain. :mrgreen

The gain of the USA Lead models has been increased by about two as most people set the Drive knob higher than the setting used in the original models.

Oh great, now I'm really going to get accused of using too much gain. :mrgreen
I dont believe this is possible. :)

I doubt it. With all the beta testing to be done etc I think v 10 is a way off. AE is supposed to be released this month.

Back
Top Bottom