Version 10.00 Stuff

Is the mind control function coming in the new version 10 release as well? I really would just like to sit on the couch and drink beer while thinking about playing guitar! My Les Paul is pretty heavy so if I don't actually have to pick it up but could still enjoy hearing it that would be great!

That may or may not be a good idea (I cannot imagine a feature matching your description), but it does not pertain to the case at hand: The notes talk about *removing* front panel access to *existing* parameters IIUC.

Sorry Ingo - I guess I misunderstood - Never mind... :)

I maybe one of the few that's disappointed because I don't use amp modeling, just use the axe for fx. But another update with no improvements to the fx, drive block, wha block etc. all the wish list stuff about fx that's up now kind of falls by the wayside. Don't mean to rain on anybody's parade but I'm one the few who care more about the fx rather than the amp sims.

This is Great - much appreciated Cliff! :)

My opinion: If making some new features only available on Axe-Edit is the only way feasible, I'd rather have that option than do without some of the new ideas...

+1

All of the work to date has been so good and useful for creating and performing.

Rock on,

Richard

^^^... not unless he started taking human growth hormones as of late. :D

Matt just got back from several days at the studio. Fortunately I was able to get my latest epiphany into the firmware literally hours before the sessions started. The engineer, who has 38 gold and platinum records to his credit, and a certain muscly, bearded guitar player, were "blown away" by the beta version of 10.00 we put on their box. According to the guitar player "Version 10.00 is mind-blowing".

The good news is that we have permission to share the presets and tone matches. As soon as V10 is ready we'll put them up on Axe-Change.

I am admitted-ly a fanatic tone chaser (serious need for a 12 step program). When I started, I had a few other units which had a disappointing 'muddling' sound with some attempts of dynamics. Axe FX Ultra needed some work on 'back-end' adjustments, but as FAS produced releases, and subsequently the Axe FX II, adjustments started to be much less of an effort...

My focus is on the 'true clipping' dynamics of older models (bassmans, AC15/30, Plexi). Also, I add some boosters and muffs. The sounds are more difficult in dynamics and getting much better to attain and manage. Anytime FAS releases model corrections or new classic models, I certainly get a rush of endorphins. Being able to start with classic rigs as a springboard to my intended sound is why I pay the money.

Cliff, my thanks. Best to you and the FAS team for the new year.

Nice! Petrucci (?) patches in AxeChange, overhaul of amp modelling...... this is gonna be an interesting one. :)

Not enough time. Not enough time. Not enough time. Not enough time.

Can we work on a feature that makes evenings and weekends longer next?

Great news. Looks like I'm gonna hold off my next big project a little while longer until v10 and AE2 are released. Looking forward to this. Thanks mr. Chase

= MindBlown

whoa.jpg

Now I'm looking forward to Axe Edit 2.0 AND Firmware 10.0!

A big thanks to Fractal's project managment and of course to the developers for pushing so hard!!

But another update with no improvements to the fx, drive block, wha block etc. all the wish list stuff about fx that's up now kind of falls by the wayside. Don't mean to rain on anybody's parade but I'm one the few who care more about the fx rather than the amp sims.
Take heart. There have been a number of effects improvements over the years, and I'm sure they're not over. Maybe not in 10.0 (or maybe so; there's still much work being done, and we don't have the final picture or release notes), but I'd be genuinely surprised if future improvements have fallen by the wayside.

Didn't read the entire thread. But I guess the bearded guitar player is GG

lol, the last time I saw him, Guthrie (if indeed the "GG" you're referring to is Guthrie Govan) is far, FAR from being muscly. :lol

It's gotta be Petrucci, folks.

I didn't realise we were still guessing, on the Fractal Facebook it says they were in the Studio with John Petrucci on Thursday, case closed?

Spence

Reactions: gpz
Back
Top Bottom