Version 10.0 Sample

I can understand why FAS wouldn't take too kindly to a beta build allocated for specifically chosen beta testers being made public.
On the plus side, the audio demo's provided showcasing FW10 so far have sounded absolutely amazing.
For a beta, it sure sounds like a non-beta !
From the huge demand I can understand why anyone who could test drive it would but again from FAS' point of view it is their product and ultimately their choice when to make it public.
Can't be long now !

Bloody Mark dropping by with his amp and became a FA registered label artist...did you leave him the keys of FA studios ? Cannot count the thousands of hours I spent as a student with friends nights long of discussing, drinking, playing chess, and more with the female versant of human race..., all of this on these "holy" tones. Ah what a time...

Reactions: gpz
Beautiful playing, Cliff. It was so good that the listener doesn't hear the performance but they hear the music. Very well done...and your tone was bad either :lol.

Great job! I don't think it gets much cooler than this song.....it's just bad ass all the way....it's heavy and mean with no distortion! V10 sounds stellar!

I didn't read every post but was there any mention of the IR used? We're they the new ones etc?

Really great tones. Playing is really wonderful too. This is probably the best we've heard you play:)
Just makes us all wish we were Beta testers.

Looking forward to the update. V7.0 to V10.0 is going to be quite the change.

BTW, side note. Your Axe-Fx 2 made me do something I never thought I'd do. I just sold EVERY bit of guitar amp gear. As of Saturday, my last bit of treasured vintage gear (1974 marshall cab) went out the door.

Used the cash from that cab to buy a nice US Deluxe Jazz Bass. I mean..sheeesh, the Axe Fx even has a killer BASS rig inside! Its truely the future of guitar amps, and V10 seems like its going to be something special.

2007DJB.jpg

Last edited:
you are of course right. your tone is very close, as already said a bit more brightness?sparkle? and you are there ...

On Cliff's example it didn't sound clean enough. Sounded good for single notes but any double stops had too much "hair" and not enough sparkle to my somewhat crappy ears. . . .
The two not clip also sounded "rounder" to me. Maybe position 4 instead of 2 on the strat. . . .

Back
Top Bottom