Version 10.0 Sample

Nice cover and surprise Cliff,...reminds me of an old music store in Gainsville Fla. The "bench technician" in the back one day was caught testing an amp he repaired using a guitar. The guy was fantastic! ..most of us never knew he could even play.
Typical bands of the 70's..drummers were usually the band pharmacist, bassist had the van, and lead guitarist were the equipment repair guys.

"My chops are gone too. I can't play worth a damn anymore." -Cliff Chase (Guitar Messenger interview 6/2011)

:shock

Mr. Chase, you and I clearly have a different definition of chops. ;)

Cliff has actually gotten MUCH better the last couple years... you should hear some of his earlier clips. Nothing like what he puts out now. I'm sure "rubbing elbows" with the greats has rubbed off on him a bit... :)

I am telling you for me -- clean is where it is at.

I think it is harder to get a realistic clean tone than an overdriven tone.

As a primarily r&b player, one of the reasons why I purchased the Axe was not only for the great variety of fender amps it has built in but for the ability to add studio effects from the 60's into the rig -- this is going to require some time on my part and hopefully with the help of the community we can put together an r&b/soul effects patch list.

I know this is not the type of music your normally hear on this forum -- but check out the sitar intro on this classic tune from the "Stylistics"

Tons of stuff from the Motown/stax era had all kinds of studio effects in their tunes -- I really want to capture a bunch of those and put into an r&b "effects" library for when I play out doing these tunes (which is just about every week).

No matter what effects you use (in this particular style of music) -- you need a well balanced clean tone to come through whatever output system you use for the audience.

So nice to hear some clean stuff--can't wait! (But I will) Thank you Cliff.

Last edited:
DDaaaaaaaaaaaaayyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumm Duuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was so SMOKIN........... no mas pantilones:D

Back
Top Bottom