Version 10.0 Preview

Just installed 9.02 before Christmas. Working over my patches to use Scenes instead of X/Y. I thought that this was the end of developing the modeller. IT CANT GET ANY BETTER!

BAMM!! Ver. 10.0 is announced with improved dynamics.

I will never again assume that the AXE cant improve. I now know that Cliff will continue working and getting crazy ideas to make the AXE even better.

Bring it on !

AAEN

Liking the dynamics on that clip.

I do agree with Cobrango's post earlier actually. There is something in the mids in the first clip that suggests the sticky sound of modelling to me. You'll not hear it 1st time round but the second clip is far more dense harmonically and seems to respond in a rounder way to the palm mutes. Listen closely for the sticky mid sound on the mutes at 0:06 then compare closely with the same mute at 0:20.

This is either the modelling or the IR- seems to be more of a IR trait from my experience. If the 2nd clip was pure amp & cab mic'd up, then thats what i'm hearing and it may not be the modelling. Any info on the clip Cliff?

I am quite used to recording my own 5150 though so (i hope :D) I know what to expect from that amp. Without the luxury of A/Bing Cliffs clip though it would be difficult to call.

If clip 2 is the axe, the man is Moses.

P.S

Happy new year to all, & long live our crazy black box : )

Extremely close. I'd say first one is the actual amp, followed by the axe.. Could be wrong?

Well done and happy new year :)

It just keeps better and better! I'm gonna have to wait for v10 to start working on my next big project. Good times.

Liking the dynamics on that clip.

I do agree with Cobrango's post earlier actually. There is something in the mids in the first clip that suggests the sticky sound of modelling to me. You'll not hear it 1st time round but the second clip is far more dense harmonically and seems to respond in a rounder way to the palm mutes. Listen closely for the sticky mid sound on the mutes at 0:06 then compare closely with the same mute at 0:20.

This is either the modelling or the IR- seems to be more of a IR trait from my experience. If the 2nd clip was pure amp & cab mic'd up, then thats what i'm hearing and it may not be the modelling. Any info on the clip Cliff?

I am quite used to recording my own 5150 though so (i hope :D) I know what to expect from that amp. Without the luxury of A/Bing Cliffs clip though it would be difficult to call.

If clip 2 is the axe, the man is Moses.

P.S

Happy new year to all, & long live our crazy black box : )

First clip is amp, second clip is Axe-Fx

I was wrong! lol. kind of crazy how the axe-fx sounds more amp than the amp does o_O

The axe-fx in this clip sounds gainier so it's hard to tell. You know, it's so waaay easier to tell with less gain... pffffff ok this was a total knockout :lol Great job Cliff!

First clip is amp, second clip is Axe-Fx

That's what I thought and described in my earlier posting. The more silent notes sound much harsher in the second part. The difference would be more evident and unmistakable if the guitar would have rung out like suggested.

That's what I thought and described in my earlier posting. The more silent notes sound much harsher in the second part. The difference would be more evident and unmistakable if the guitar would have rung out like suggested.

There are a plethora of other modeling products out there. Perhaps one of those would be more to your liking.

I don't see how the amp modeling could get much more accurate than it is...this really drives that point home. Cannot wait to pair this with the IR's that are going to be showing up throughout this next year!

just heard the clip..

wow... that's really impressive...

so much so that I'm wondering if two real amps of the same make and model played side by side couldn't have actually got any closer..

Unbelievable! This is gonna be a great year! My incompetent playing will have even better tone! Thank you Cliff & everyone at FAS!

I don't see how the amp modeling could get much more accurate than it is...this really drives that point home. Cannot wait to pair this with the IR's that are going to be showing up throughout this next year!

I can actually think of one way but not sure it is possible.

The Tone Match feature is unbelievable. If Cliff could capture the effects associated with a particular YouTube clip, etc., I'd crap myself. For example, Ratt's "Lay It Down". To be able to capture the tone, as well as the exact delay and reverb used would be awesome. I know that is a bit harder to do though because alot of "studio magic" is used for recordings.

v10! - wow - seems like only yesterday v10 was released for the Ultra. As I recall it was a groundbreaking one. Looks like this one will be as well.

Happy new year Cliff - hope 2013 will be another good one for you! (and for us by association!!).

Hate to be a party pup….
I'm still with v7 and didn’t upgrade as I can't use AE for editing.
I know I'm not the only one.
I'm sorry, I'm disappointed in a way to read this v10 foreplay thread….
I would expect to see by now a solid AE.
IMHO

There are a plethora of other modeling products out there. Perhaps one of those would be more to your liking.

Honestly, I do not understand this attitude. All I am trying is to show where it is possible to really make the Axe better. People here fuss about if they can hear differences that are not really there or do not matter whereas obvious differences are neglected or if someone hints at them they are treated like blasphemists tainting the holy gospel. Of course there are many other modellers out there and and least one of them models this specific part of amp-cab-interaction far better than the Axe. Now you can decide if you want to leave it at that or try and show who is master of the modelling technology, sir.

Honestly, I do not understand this attitude. All I am trying is to show where it is possible to really make the Axe better. People here fuss about if they can hear differences that are not really there or do not matter whereas obvious differences are neglected or if someone hints at them they are treated like blasphemists tainting the holy gospel. Of course there are many other modellers out there and and least one of them models this specific part of amp-cab-interaction far better than the Axe. Now you can decide if you want to leave it at that or try and show who is master of the modelling technology, sir.

If you believe that product works better then you should sell your Axe-Fx and purchase that product. I work very hard to make the Axe-Fx as best I can. If it doesn't meet your requirements then you should move on.

Furthermore, I don't believe that it has anything to do with amp-cab-interaction. But if you do, then, by all means, use that product.

IMO, the Axe-Fx is vastly superior to all other modelers. I own them all and have done extensive comparisons.

I didn't realize until reading the discussion that the clip was from two different sources. I just figured you ran out of stuff to play so you played the same riff twice. :eek:ops

The only REAL,(what I sort of, "give a shit about") difference that I can hear between the two is noise level difference. While one is very, very quiet for a high gainer amp and the part of the second clip is super quiet, this for the most part is how I tell the dif in these high gain comparisons.

Although the noise aspect could subjectively be the 1-2% difference to making modelling 100% accurate... just don't go modelling the noise aspect of the amps Cliff. I'll die on the hill of v.9.02 then. lol... but I'll wait and take the new IR's when they come out. :razz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom