ver 11b - 'Tallica Tone Matches

A to the T

Experienced
Ok, I made an attempt at 3 tone matches. First time - so I followed the TM manual :). I'm rather impressed with this feature as I think they turned out fairly close.

I encorporated the new 5 band MKII EQ. Theres WAH and TS808 blocks bypassed up front and you'll also notice I put a left/right channel delay on my presets to emulate the actual recordings. i.e. Seek and destroy has about a 26ms delay or maybe thats just the difference between Kirk's and Jamez rhythm playing. ;)

Kill 'em All Tone

Preset is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Kill Em All - Jamez - by A to the T

Ride The Lightning

Preset is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Ride The Lightning - by A to the T

Master of Puppets Tone

Preset is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Master of Puppets - by A to the T

...and Justice for all Tone

Preset is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset -Blackened Rhythm - by A to the T

Black Album

Preset is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Metallica Black - by A to the T

Death/Beyond Magnetic
FRFR - Stereo. Use Scene 2 to enable -5 interval harmony pitch shifter.
This is my first version & attempt. Its not too bad. I used lots of thunk!

Preset is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Metallica - Beyond Death - by A to the T

Hope someone can use or tweak them to your taste.

AT

Last edited:
is there a chorus or something?
And justice sounds chorusy or phasey

Only on scene 2 which was used for the clean guitars at the beginning of One. The chorus block was not enabled on scene 1. Either way, just fx bypass it. Also, these were made with v11beta fwiw

kill em all sounded very good but the other two had some nasty artifacts (AJFA more so than MOP)

Just got back from vacation and checked presets.
Master is using cabinet Factory 39 - 1960B T75 and Blackened Factory 38 - 1960A G12M.
What do you mean by artifacts? Are you sure you're running 11beta firmware?

I had problems too. It sounds out of phase.
Well, I'm trying to get to the bottom of the complaints so 4 simple questions to help you/me out:

1. Is your firmware 11Beta?
2. Are you playing FRFR stereo setup?
3. Did you try the patch with headphones on?
4. Did you send the patch using FractalBot?

Someone please humour me as the recordings don't sound out of phase.

no no no
i didn't download it
i didn't try it

it's in your sample above

it sounds like a slight chorus or it's out of phase-
(and its not a good thing either)

you can hear it every time you hit a chord not palmuted
(not single notes, not palmuted notes but anytime you play 2-3 notes in the sample above that is picked open with no palmmuting)

no no no
i didn't download it
i didn't try it

it's in your sample above

it sounds like a slight chorus or it's out of phase-
(and its not a good thing either)

you can hear it every time you hit a chord not palmuted
(not single notes, not palmuted notes but anytime you play 2-3 notes in the sample above that is picked open with no palmmuting)
Yeah it stands out around 30 seconds in on the Justice recording.

hmmm. ok, let me see if I can hunt this down. I wonder if it has anything to do with the transcoding from 48khz to 44khz to mp3?

Back
Top Bottom