Veil of Maya - Mikasa (ML Sound Lab Bulb pack 13)

harsh

Inspired

Happy new year everyone! Thought I'd start off the year with a challenging song and mix. I absolutely love this album, and I think this song is especially banging!

For this mix, I used ML Sound Lab's Bulb Pack 13 (Bulb Mix 08), this pack sounds great on any guitar patch..the number of options pretty much covers every tone I aim for. Simple patch - OD808 -> 5153 Blue 50 watt -> Bulb Mix 08. What do u guys think?

it sounds great i think drums are a bit loud but its a personal thing :) what are those drums btw ?

Hey mate. Agreed, but the original actually has louder drums. The guitars are actually pretty low compared to the drums and vox. I didn't want to take a different approach. I'm using Superior Drummer.

Hey mate. Agreed, but the original actually has louder drums. The guitars are actually pretty low compared to the drums and vox. I didn't want to take a different approach. I'm using Superior Drummer.
well it sounds really great is it your patch on superior drummer or some user ready preset ?

Dude this sounds amazing. I was listening to it outside and looked like an idiot cause I was trying not to smile. Daaaamn bruh that has the dj0nts in it. If Misha produced Veil this is how it would sound. :)

I can't remember hearing the original but while listening to this it's hard to imagine something being a whole lot better. :)

Mikko, you're too kind! But the original mix is just amazing. I wish I could make my drums sound half as good. I'm pretty happy with where I got with the tools at hand, though :)

I listened to the original track just now. I love the original mix as well but to be honest I like these guitars in here a bit more. More cut, more mids, more good. But sure the mix is quite different as well. :)

This sounds awesome! Care to share the patch settings? I love how midrangey it sounds. The midrangey goodness makes me think of Killswitch Engage's "As Daylight Dies" album tone. Again awesome tone and great playing.

Back
Top Bottom