That's a very good question, not really sure if you can.

One thing you could try on the FX8 is set the parameters similar to what is set in these presets:

Reference: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/strymon-bigsky-style-verb.77739/page-3#post-1048294

Also: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...strymon-bigsky-copy.98621/page-3#post-1265535

Multidelay Diffusor
time 1 84ms, time 2 96ms, time 3 74ms, time 4 64ms, mix 100%, lfo depth 10%. The rest at default

Chorus - analog stereo
1 hz rate, depth 7%, lfo type sine, lfo phase 90, delay time 5ms, auto depth off, width 100%, spread 100%, mix 100%, the rest at default

Reverb - Asylum Hall or Ambience [normal]
Use a large one and 5.5 sec time, 100% mix
Great idea will definitely give it a shot.

My church received an invite for the AX8 and I had to export some of my presets to share with them while they borrowed my AX8. I thought I would share in a new post, hope you guys enjoy.

NOTE: Check out the KeithUrban amp settings and cab combo. I used this exclusively over the weekend at an event and I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of tonal capabilities.

Thanks all!
Is the ambient chain (or setting different) in each patch or is it the same ambient settings for the ambiant chain and what is different is the amps ect?

Is the ambient chain (or setting different) in each patch or is it the same ambient settings for the ambient chain and what is different is the amps ect?

Great question, I believe when I built these I used a template with different amp/cab model combos so they very well be the same settings for the reverb style. The amp/cab combo settings specifically are more matching combinations what sounded good to my ears at that time (Mono/Stereo/Hi-Res/Non Hi-Res) and certain amp parameters that enhanced the tones. Honestly I try to just stay with the "default" parameters [reset amp block] of the amp basics so the tone is more authentic with how I would want the amp to sound in person.

I try to stay within some of the primary "cloud" style Strymon Big Sky settings that @javajunkie originally created in parallel for the ambience:

Multidelay Diffusor
time 1 84ms, time 2 96ms, time 3 74ms, time 4 64ms, mix 100%, lfo depth 10%. The rest at default
Chorus - analog stereo
1 hz rate, depth 7%, lfo type sine, lfo phase 90, delay time 5ms, auto depth off, width 100%, spread 100%, mix 100%, the rest at default
Use a large one and 7 sec time, 100% mix
Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2012.20.13%20AM_zpsdiox0akq.png

I will be recreating some of my favorites for Q6+ soon and will post a new thread for everyone to share! Glad you all enjoyed the first round of ambient presets!

Great question, I believe when I built these I used a template with different amp/cab model combos so they very well be the same settings for the reverb style. The amp/cab combo settings specifically are more matching combinations what sounded good to my ears at that time (Mono/Stereo/Hi-Res/Non Hi-Res) and certain amp parameters that enhanced the tones. Honestly I try to just stay with the "default" parameters [reset amp block] of the amp basics so the tone is more authentic with how I would want the amp to sound in person.

I try to stay within some of the primary "cloud" style Strymon Big Sky settings that @javajunkie originally created in parallel for the ambience:

Multidelay Diffusor
Chorus - analog stereo
Use a large one and 7 sec time, 100% mix
Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2012.20.13%20AM_zpsdiox0akq.png

I will be recreating some of my favorites for Q6+ soon and will post a new thread for everyone to share! Glad you all enjoyed the first round of ambient presets!
Thanks. I have not tried it yet but downloaded one patch last night so I can upload it today. I am really only interest in that MDLY CHR VERB string. I won't use the rest of he preset lol.

My church received an invite for the AX8 and I had to export some of my presets to share with them while they borrowed my AX8. I thought I would share in a new post, hope you guys enjoy.

NOTE: Check out the KeithUrban amp settings and cab combo. I used this exclusively over the weekend at an event and I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of tonal capabilities.

Thanks all!
Thanks for sharing bro

I used one of Mark's tricks from his tutorial vid...and stuck volume between the amp and cab..... so the reverb trails don't mute during the swells.....
....sounds really cool

Last edited:
so the reverb trails don't mute during the swells.....
....sounds really cool

Huh, I never thought of doing that before. So the amp breakup is in full volume, but the swell is actually the signal to the cab block. Intriguing.

Once the AX8 has Ares ;) I will build out a new set of ambient presets for ya'lls!

Back
Top Bottom