PRSfreak4

Power User
My church received an invite for the AX8 and I had to export some of my presets to share with them while they borrowed my AX8. I thought I would share in a new post, hope you guys enjoy.

NOTE: Check out the KeithUrban amp settings and cab combo. I used this exclusively over the weekend at an event and I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of tonal capabilities.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• 2R Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 799
  • CarolAnn Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 728
  • Comet60 Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 705
  • DrZ38 Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 705
  • JVM800 Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 714
  • KeithUrban Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 833
  • Matchless Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 764
  • Shiva Ambient.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 759
My church received an invite for the AX8 and I had to export some of my presets to share with them while they borrowed my AX8. I thought I would share in a new post, hope you guys enjoy.

NOTE: Check out the KeithUrban amp settings and cab combo. I used this exclusively over the weekend at an event and I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of tonal capabilities.

Thanks all!
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to give these a try. What type of guitar do you play with threse ? (SSS, HH, HSS, ??)

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to give these a try. What type of guitar do you play with threse ? (SSS, HH, HSS, ??)

No problem! I play a couple of combinations with my PRS' either HH or the Swamp Ash Special with triple Narrowfields. I have also gave them a shot with a Japanese Squier Strat and honestly the AX8 makes them all sound dandy.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks all!
thanks for sharing.

Thanks all!
I've been looking for some nice SWALE/AMBIENT presets! Can use just 1 expression pedal with these presets? And should I change the control feature for any? Like volume vs Delay- thx Kevin

I've been looking for some nice SWALE/AMBIENT presets! Can use just 1 expression pedal with these presets? And should I change the control feature for any? Like volume vs Delay- thx Kevin

Hope these work for ya! What I do is just place a VOL block at the beginning of the signal chain, attache a modifier to the Volume parameter with External 1 (EXP 1 automatically in AX8).

Those swells should do a pretty good job, I don't normally have it modify anything else. However I use EXP 2 for the controlling the MIX level on all of the ambient chain (MLT DLY > CHOR > REV) like 30% start and 100% end.

Hope that helps, I can upload a couple with those modifiers attached if you'd like.

Hope these work for ya! What I do is just place a VOL block at the beginning of the signal chain, attache a modifier to the Volume parameter with External 1 (EXP 1 automatically in AX8).

Those swells should do a pretty good job, I don't normally have it modify anything else. However I use EXP 2 for the controlling the MIX level on all of the ambient chain (MLT DLY > CHOR > REV) like 30% start and 100% end.

Hope that helps, I can upload a couple with those modifiers attached if you'd like.
Please do! No rush- I don't have a 2nd Axe expression yet, saving up for that

@ibanezfreak4 How do I attach a modifier to volume from here?

Exactly as @Rex pointed out, right-click or control+click (mac) on this parameter right where that configurable bracket is:
upload_2016-6-8_13-45-1.png

Then attach "External 1" (EXP1) to the modifier. Make sure that your expression pedal does a full sweep of the 0 to 10 parameter for swells.

These days I use more of my volume control on my guitar for swells, but sometimes prefer the EXP option also.

Enjoy!

I downloaded the Matchless one and it sounds great! What's your favorite "go to" patch out of these?

Sorry just saw this, l mostly play the KeithUrban or JVM800 with trying a bunch of different IRs out week to week. It really depends on what tunes we're playing if it's more Hillsong or Elevation or Lincoln Brewster-ish weeks. Depends mate!

I'll hopefully be posting a preset I made for Simple Man later that we played as an opening song for Father's Day, more to come ;)

Please let me know if you have a favorite Amp/Cab combo you want me to mash up for some ambient tones as well. I'd be happy to make a preset for anyone who is picky on which amps to use!

Very Nice---I am enjoying the Keith urban like you mentioned. Carol ann and JVM also.....haven't tried the rest yet, but will for sure.Real Nice of you to share...Thanks............

Very Nice---I am enjoying the Keith urban like you mentioned. Carol ann and JVM also.....haven't tried the rest yet, but will for sure.Real Nice of you to share...Thanks............

Thanks Frank, I hope the arthritis hasn't been keeping you down too much! These presets should get you plenty of note sustain ;) Take care mate!

Thanks Frank, I hope the arthritis hasn't been keeping you down too much! These presets should get you plenty of note sustain ;) Take care mate!

Hey thanks---The three I mentioned sound great with my deluxe start (fralin blues specials) Not bad at all on the hands;thanks for asking ....Playing right now as a matter of fact....your presets :)

How can I load these onto my FX8?

That's a very good question, not really sure if you can.

One thing you could try on the FX8 is set the parameters similar to what is set in these presets:

Reference: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/strymon-bigsky-style-verb.77739/page-3#post-1048294

Also: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...strymon-bigsky-copy.98621/page-3#post-1265535

Multidelay Diffusor
time 1 84ms, time 2 96ms, time 3 74ms, time 4 64ms, mix 100%, lfo depth 10%. The rest at default

Chorus - analog stereo
1 hz rate, depth 7%, lfo type sine, lfo phase 90, delay time 5ms, auto depth off, width 100%, spread 100%, mix 100%, the rest at default

Reverb - Asylum Hall or Ambience [normal]
Use a large one and 5.5 sec time, 100% mix

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom