Variax JTV 89 acoustic impro

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
[Soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/thib-de-rob/jtv-89-open-tuning-modal[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Here's the Variax JTV 89 acoustic model through the Axe Fx II. I modified my Acoustic preset for that one, here I'm using the acoustic model of the JTV in a custom open tuning.

I use that special tuning for one of my songs, but what I play here is completely improvised so it's not my cleanest performance. I love these kind of sounds :) Enjoy !

.......and you can play! Beautiful!

Thanks for posting. I've considered the Variax but have no place to audition one. I'd love to hear some other tones. How does the neck feel? Some years ago I played one of the earlier models & I wasn't thrilled with the feel. Great playing. Thanks!

The guitar, including the neck, feels much better than the Variax 600 I had before. Overall it's a more serious instrument, and not only because of the magnetic pickups. I've yet to properly set it up, put on the string gauge I like, check intonation and pickup height etc. I still feel the latency in Variax mode though, specially with open tunings. I'll do a video demo soon with many sounds

Last edited:
Sounds great Thibault. You must be feeling better? I love my JTV 59. Everyone always raves over the acoustic tone through the Axe. Is this patch on your site? I would love to try it.

Chuck

Wonderful! I really enjoyed that.

I was playing through your Bank A dump this afternoon -- you sir, have given the gift of tone with those bank dumps. Thanks again for those.

Awesome!
What do you think about the Tele, Les Paul and Rick emulations? Can you include those in your next demo? Thanks.

Sounds great Thibault. You must be feeling better? I love my JTV 59. Everyone always raves over the acoustic tone through the Axe. Is this patch on your site? I would love to try it.

Chuck
I'm still not healed unfortunately but the worst is behind me now, thanks ! The preset is not on my blog yet, I'll upload it with a full updated bank A soon

Awesome!
What do you think about the Tele, Les Paul and Rick emulations? Can you include those in your next demo? Thanks.
I'm OK with these models, although I never played a Rickenbaker, or haven't touched a Tele and a Les Paul in years. They're good enough for me, but I tweaked some models though, I kept my Variax 600 bank and as it's compatible with the JTV, I loaded/retweaked most of my sounds. Yes I'll do a demo with all that in a couple of days. I need to change strings and do various adjustments first

Just got my Variax JTV-69s last week. Working on acoustic presets right now.
Just took a break to find out what others have created.
Your preset sounds amazing! Hats off!!

Back
Top Bottom