Vaping in front of your axe fx

Smoke residue won't really hurt electronics by itself, but it can exacerbate issues with dust buildup. Tar buildup on surfaces can leave them a bit sticky and dust will tend to adhere more readily compared to a clean surface. A thick layer of sticky dust combined with excess humidity can create a path of conduction that could possibly short circuit. It's usually takes pretty high levels of dust buildup, humidity, and smoke residue, but it can happen. More common risk is that tar residue can make heat sinks and fans choke up with dust faster, leading to overheating issues. Safest bet is to keep things clean and dust free. As long as you blow things out periodically with compressed air to maintain good airflow, you should not have any issues.

If you are concerned about vaping, then don't use a fog machine on stage either - it's the same thing. I had a lady scold me for vaping at a concert while at the same time we were bombarded with a cloud from the stage which was okay. Anti-smoking and vaping propaganda is out of control.

This is a legitimate concern. Smoke machines do tend to leave a bit of sticky residue that can cause some of the same issues as smoke residue when it comes to dust buildup. If your Axe is next to a smoke machine all the time and is constantly sucking that crap in for hours on end, you might want to keep an eye on it for dust bunnies.

Wouldn't be too surprised. I'm the technical lead for one of the UKs leading UK e-cig, vaping and e-liquid manufacturers. I have an Axe-FX II XL and an MFC-101.

Wouldn't worry in the slightest about vaping near my Axe-FX. It's mainly propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine as others have said, and the residue tends to settle on surfaces fairly thinly and harmlessly. It shouldn't have any of the features of smoke or tar residue, that's a different thing altogether.

Liam

Wouldn't be too surprised. I'm the technical lead for one of the UKs leading UK e-cig, vaping and e-liquid manufacturers. I have an Axe-FX II XL and an MFC-101.

Wouldn't worry in the slightest about vaping near my Axe-FX. It's mainly propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine as others have said, and the residue tends to settle on surfaces fairly thinly and harmlessly. It shouldn't have any of the features of smoke or tar residue, that's a different thing altogether.

Liam
Why do my lungs hurt in the morning?

+1 for the Axe 3 to have a USB slot for e cig charging

Just ask FAS to build a "fog/vape" fx block, with various flavors and effects ... watch for the tell-tale smoke trail from your power amp ... inhale ... then go buy replacement tubes/transistors, rinse and repeat ....

I've had a lot of electronics ruined over the years from smokers and hazer/fog machines. Part of me quitting my last cover band was because we jammed at the bass players house in his basement and he would chain smoke cigarettes and pot, but would be nice and not smoke in the room while we were there.... needless to say the place reeked and everything was that yellow tinge.....

anyways, this stuff is nothing but bad for electronics. Just because your gear hasn't failed yet, does not mean it's not affecting it.

I've had a lot of electronics ruined over the years from smokers and hazer/fog machines. Part of me quitting my last cover band was because we jammed at the bass players house in his basement and he would chain smoke cigarettes and pot, but would be nice and not smoke in the room while we were there.... needless to say the place reeked and everything was that yellow tinge.....

anyways, this stuff is nothing but bad for electronics. Just because your gear hasn't failed yet, does not mean it's not affecting it.
Sorry man, not buying this at all. As mentioned before, guitar amps have been spending their entire lives in smoky rooms for decades. Sounds like you dislike smoking in general and that's obviously your prerogative, but I'm going to call BS on your 'lots of electronics ruined by smokers and fog machines' claim.

Sorry man, not buying this at all. As mentioned before, guitar amps have been spending their entire lives in smoky rooms for decades. Sounds like you dislike smoking in general and that's obviously your prerogative, but I'm going to call BS on your 'lots of electronics ruined by smokers and fog machines' claim.

Well there you have it. Tallcoolone has spoken...... lol

Back
Top Bottom