Vangelis - Blade Runner

just a quick note - the level of synth voice 3 is controlled by pitch, so you only hear it when playing notes below E (fret 7 on the A string). you might want to leave this set where it was, so you get that massive bass note when you play down low

i'm so fed up with explaining this to people. i try to provide patches with some interesting functionality, but every time i include an external controller, i get people complaining that they get no sound, or it doesn't work for some reason. i need to find a solution to this, because it's kinda driving me crazy.

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I understand your consternation. If you'd said, 'you just need to go learn controllers', I'dve said, okie dokie. I probably wouldn't have, but I would've said nothing else.

Thanks, geamala.

Are you not an english speaker? Having trouble understanding you.

I'll try anyway. The "Whammy" block is Pitch Block 2.

If you want a lead type sound change the 3 voices in Synth block 1 up an octave.

sigh. Hehn hehn hehn hehn hehn hehn. I have little experience with most modulation effects, let alone midi and all that kind of thing, and no experience with the controllers in the Axe. I'll likely never use any of it, as long ago I tried using a pedal for volume and found that due to FM effects (I didn't know what those were till I came here) a gain tone did not sound like a normal tone/sound being raised and lowered in volume.

Also, I said 'lead' to differentiate between the main tone and the drone. Just in case....though I anticipated a perhaps 20% chance someone might latch onto 'lead' in the stricter sense. Satisfied?

PS: my written language reads like I sound it out - so, for example, my contractions sound exactly how I write them.

Last edited:
i'm so fed up with explaining this to people. i try to provide patches with some interesting functionality, but every time i include an external controller, i get people complaining that they get no sound, or it doesn't work for some reason. i need to find a solution to this, because it's kinda driving me crazy.

I can believe it - I almost responded on this thread to re-read the post, but you never know where people are coming from. I have a prejudice that folks tend to type before searching, and that's probably unfair.

Maybe there could be a section in Yek's wiki for "SSPS" (standard simeon patch setup), and your sig can reference it. Or a sticky in the patch forum.

ok, so maybe my response was a little ott...i was in a bit of a bad mood yesterday. i apologise.

this isn't really a problem related solely to my patches. this is a problem, because a lot of folks don't understand 1) external controllers in general and 2) that if an external controller in the axe fx is assigned a cc number and no pedal is physically attached to the midi controller with that cc number, then the external will go to it's default value. which is zero.

i thought by providing a list of the controllers used it would help. but obviously not. i thought that by listing the two externals used with the word "important" in front of it it would help. nope.

i need to make a video and link to it.

next week.

well that's good!

guys - if you have any problems getting sound, and you don't use any pedals, just shunt the volume block and the whammy

well that's good!

guys - if you have any problems getting sound, and you don't use any pedals, just shunt the volume block and the whammy

Maybe have a scene where the blocks with controllers are bypassed? That way you could point all the punters to that scene when you get the "no sound" posts?

This is a really cool preset though... very cinematic.

I actually shunted the vol block...but I didn't understand the pitch block was whammy....I was looking for a whammy block. Else I would've been fine.

I also went through scenes, so at least I did think about that.

Thanks! Don't have an expression pedal (yet). Waiting about a month now for them to come back in stock at the Fractal store. :)

Back
Top Bottom