Van Halenish type Video Clip using the AxeFX & Redwirez

I've recently seen some posts about the IR that's used in this patch sucking. It may indeed suck for a lot of purposes. This IR is not part of our regular collection. It was a little experiement I did on an old thread to see if metal guys would like it. It IS NOT part of the regular collection as it has all the mids scooped out of it, making it most useful for extreme patches and probably pretty poor for everything else.

I took the download off the site a while ago. Mark gave me the heads up about posting the IR here, which was cool by me.

I should have thought through it more. Because it seems to have tarnished our reputation a bit. It's ok, that its still floating around, can't do much about that, but in the future it should not be posted without the following VERBATIM explanation from our "lawyer":

WARNING!!!!!!
=================================
These IRs may cause vomiting, diarrhea and may engender an extreme dislike for pie. In other words, they may suck! They are not part of the standard Red Wire collection. They were a fun, little experiment we posted on a forum thread along with some other IRs to see if they would be useful for metal. I repeat, they are NOT part of the regular collection as they have the mids scooped out, making them most useful for taming a build-up of low-mids and probably pretty poor for everything else. At Red Wire, we strive to capture our IRs without preamp coloration or post-processing, so please do not gauge the quality of our collection based on these IRs, even if you happen to like them. Please DO NOT post these IRs without also posting this warning. Thanks for listening.
=================================

I cant understand anyone saying this IR sucks. In fact it was this clip that switched me on to the Red Wirez IRs and persuaded me to buy them. I downloaded Marks EVH patch and it is fantastic!! Sounds like his you tube post. I wonder if the folks who think the IR sucks have something else going on the the mix - possibly the guitar used or amp sim? Are they leaving the mic sims on on the AxeFx ?? :?:

Keep up the good work Mark - very inspiring :D

Sportacus said:
I cant understand anyone saying this IR sucks. In fact it was this clip that switched me on to the Red Wirez IRs and persuaded me to buy them. I downloaded Marks EVH patch and it is fantastic!!

HAHA - Same for me. I thought the IR that Mark included with his patch was better than a lot of the stock speakers. I've changed the speaker on a few of my patches to the scooped red wirez IR and it made my patches sound 100X better and note that a few of them are medium gain patches. Now that I can hear the difference with a GREAT IR I have no problem spending the money them.

Don't get me wrong. A lot of people do like scooped 57 IRs. And Mark's video is mind blowingly good. So, in the right application they can be just the ticket.

There's no accounting for taste and usage. I just want people to know where the IR came from, so they understand where it may be useful and that it's ok for Mark to post it because it's not part of our regular collection.

MARK DAY PATCHES!! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Mark, your videos are my "go to" videos for pretty much anything axe related. I'm looking forward to dissecting these patches to see how the heck you get these phenomenal tones. What speakers do you use to dial in your direct out tones?

so it is into the joe meek and then out mono into the axe? or out of the axe into the input of meek and then to daw?

Back
Top Bottom