thanks man!:)

nope, just go to the second PEQ block. Go to band 2, (it's the only unused). By default is set to 400hz, just change it to 518.6hz, apply the 1.52db notch and you're set ;)
ahh ok !!thanks.

edit:just to be sure,please look in the attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_16:38:45_14-02-2018.jpg
    Screenshot_16:38:45_14-02-2018.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I’m using an Ax8 also and instead of the third pq block, I used the 10 band variable eq. With the 500hz notch down 1.5 dB and the q set to 1.23 or whatever it was in the original. I didn’t think of Rocco’s idea to just add the notch with PQ 2. Think I’ll go back and do that too. It’s a great preset and highly recommended. Can’t wait to see what he comes up with next!!

I just found all the VH tab books in pdf format too so I’m going to go shred this beast as soon as I can. It’s worth five bucks to have a look at how these presets are constructed. It’s well worth it just to learn what goes into getting these tones with no trickery like tone match which I haven’t had much luck with

Hey Rocco,

Just bought patches 1-3 from you and wanted to say how killer they sound!! I will be buying this patch from you as well.... I'll send you another paypal payment here shortly. Well done!!

Thanks,
Jason Hietanen

I am a new AX8 user, so I recently bought 3 of Rocco's patches. One of them was based on the September, 1977 recorded Van Halen debut album. With the assistance of Rocco, and info on this forum, the Van Halen patch works 100% as intended.

Edward's playing on that debit was way ahead of its time. It combined the blues influences of Eric Clapton, unusual melodic runs of Alan Holdsworth, and a distinctive guitar effects tone that was not even close to any other guitarist up to that point.

I much prefer EVH's playing to Malmsteen. I like Malmsteen's playing when he did short solos in the pop metal late 1980s to mid 1990s tracks. I subscribe to the less is more category. I also like Warren DeMartini's playing, who was heavily influenced by Van Halen.

I use a Jackson DK2 Pro with Seymour Duncan 5-way switch pickups fitted as standard. Amplifier is a Blackstar HT-40. Some of my influences include AC/DC, Billy Squire, Van Halen, Dokken, Ratt, Saraya, The Babys, Sweet, Queen, Thin Lizzy, Def Leppard, and Cheap Trick.

I am a new AX8 user, so I recently bought 3 of Rocco's patches. One of them was based on the September, 1977 recorded Van Halen debut album. With the assistance of Rocco, and info on this forum, the Van Halen patch works 100% as intended.

Edward's playing on that debit was way ahead of its time. It combined the blues influences of Eric Clapton, unusual melodic runs of Alan Holdsworth, and a distinctive guitar effects tone that was not even close to any other guitarist up to that point.

I much prefer EVH's playing to Malmsteen. I like Malmsteen's playing when he did short solos in the pop metal late 1980s to mid 1990s tracks. I subscribe to the less is more category. I also like Warren DeMartini's playing, who was heavily influenced by Van Halen.

I use a Jackson DK2 Pro with Seymour Duncan 5-way switch pickups fitted as standard. Amplifier is a Blackstar HT-40. Some of my influences include AC/DC, Billy Squire, Van Halen, Dokken, Ratt, Saraya, The Babys, Sweet, Queen, Thin Lizzy, Def Leppard, and Cheap Trick.
Thanks for your feedback man, much appreciated :)

I have most of the original first Van Halen isolated guitar tracks loaded into Reaper PC recording software. By adding a separate recording track, the AX8 Van Halen patches can be compared and tweaked.

Someone in the studio with access to the master tapes may have ripped Edward's guitar tracks to WAV or MP3. The isolated tracks are very instructive. It is also easy to slow down the guitar tracks and maintain the original pitch.

Back
Top Bottom