Van Halen - "Runnin' With The Devil" Preset

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all, another VH preset, thought i'd share my Runnin' With The Devil preset, as soon as i heard this song many years ago i was hooked, what an absolute belter for an opening song on their debut album.

It has 2 scenes, Rhythm and the solo, simple.
I'm using a third party IR (PT) which i've included (see the screen shot)
Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 14.25.37.png
I do all these presets for free so if you like my video's i'd appreciate you subscribing to my YouTube channel, only if you wish.

BTW i forgot to mention, i use my expression pedal for my flanger so feel free to change that.

Thanks and enjoy.

Attachments

• MP Runnin' With The Devil.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Friedman_PT20_SM57(AxeFx III).syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Hi all, another VH preset, thought i'd share my Runnin' With The Devil preset, as soon as i heard this song many years ago i was hooked, what an absolute belter for an opening song on their debut album.

It has 2 scenes, Rhythm and the solo, simple.
I'm using a third party IR (PT) which i've included (see the screen shot)
View attachment 73915
I do all these presets for free so if you like my video's i'd appreciate you subscribing to my YouTube channel, only if you wish.

Thanks and enjoy.

Hey! Great sound and playing. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn the Flanger off. I cannot manually bypass or set up a footswitch on my FC-12. The only way to get rid of it is to delete the flanger. Sorry! Newbie to AX. Probably a simple reason.

Hey! Great sound and playing. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn the Flanger off. I cannot manually bypass or set up a footswitch on my FC-12. The only way to get rid of it is to delete the flanger. Sorry! Newbie to AX. Probably a simple reason.
Sorry mate, i have my Flanger set with my expression pedal. If you right click on the mix button on the flanger then change it to none on source 1, that should turn it off.

Thanks Mark, sounds right on. I converted the preset to FM3. Had to add a new amp (plexi 6550 with input boost ), lower the reverb setting and then it sounded pretty descent on the FM3. Whoops just saw that you already did this 🤭

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, sounds right on. I converted the preset to FM3. Had to add a new amp (plexi 6550 with input boost ), lower the reverb setting and then it sounded pretty descent on the FM3. Whoops just saw that you already did this 🤭
My pleasure mate, I’m glad you managed to get bit to sound good on your FM3. Haha yeah I converted it my best without having an FM3 😊

Sorry! One more question for you. How would you arrange this preset to put an output 3 at the end for an amp and cabinet? Bypassing the cabinet sim for an amp head for an on-stage monitor. If I do the way I know it will mess up your signal path after the cab. I attached so you can see what I am doing. Right now I am getting the cab sim in the amp output 3. Not happy with that. If I move the cab sim to back like I have been told to do, I lose your delay, PEQ, M COMP, and Reverb.

Thanks

Attachments

• MP Runnin' With The Devil.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom