VAN HALEN plexi [updated patch-fw11.03]---free download

Wow!! Excellent man.
I have been playing two years. If I get close to this in the coming years, I'll be a happy bunny!
This forum, the Axe and the people on the forum keep me focused and inspired. Its a daily reminder why I love playing.
Thanks, Andy.

Thank you Andy! I'm glad me and the folks here have such a positive influence, just keep praticing and if you really love what you do and you're putting passion into it results will definitely come! :)

Epic. Curious, because I don't know the back story, did you match the tone by ear or did you use the TM feature?

Yeah man! OU812 is such an underrated album!

Agreed, but when you have as impressive a catalog as VH, even your worst is better than most other bands' best!

Thanks for the patch, I finally had a chance to check it out today and it is fantastic. I added in a pitch block set to detune that I had put together for some of the Sammy albums, and with that I can easily go from VH1 to OU812 with a few scenes, although not nearly with your level of skill. I'd be happy to share it if there is any interest.

Agreed, but when you have as impressive a catalog as VH, even your worst is better than most other bands' best!

Thanks for the patch, I finally had a chance to check it out today and it is fantastic. I added in a pitch block set to detune that I had put together for some of the Sammy albums, and with that I can easily go from VH1 to OU812 with a few scenes, although not nearly with your level of skill. I'd be happy to share it if there is any interest.

of course I'd love to hear that!!

Patch w/ Detune Added

Rocco,

Here is the modified version I have. I added a pitch block set to detune to try to capture Eddie's use of the Eventide in later years for a chorus-like effect, but other than that (and a level adjustment in the amp block) it's all yours. I had to boost the Detune block by 1.5 - 3 dB (depending on mix), because switching it on dropped the overall level. It uses External 1 to sweep the Detune effect from 25% to 50% mix (and the level from 1.5 - 3 dB to compensate). Here is how I have the scenes laid out, in all cases the amp, EQ, cab, delay, and reverb are left on.

1. Phaser, flanger, and pitch off
2. Phaser on - flanger and pitch off
3. Flanger on - phaser and pitch off
4. Phaser and Flanger on - pitch off
5. Pitch on - phaser and flanger off
6. Phaser and pitch on - flanger off
7. Flanger and pitch on - phaser off
8. Phaser, flanger, and pitch on

I'd love to hear what you think of it if you get a chance to try it out.

View attachment 17907

Last edited:
Rocco,

Here is the modified version I have. I added a pitch block set to detune to try to capture Eddie's use of the Eventide in later years for a chorus-like effect, but other than that (and a level adjustment in the amp block) it's all yours. I had to boost the Detune block by 1.5 - 3 dB (depending on mix), because switching it on dropped the overall level. It uses External 1 to sweep the Detune effect from 25% to 50% mix (and the level from 1.5 - 3 dB to compensate). Here is how I have the scenes laid out, in all cases the amp, EQ, cab, delay, and reverb are left on.

1. Phaser, flanger, and pitch off
2. Phaser on - flanger and pitch off
3. Flanger on - phaser and pitch off
4. Phaser and Flanger on - pitch off
5. Pitch on - phaser and flanger off
6. Phaser and pitch on - flanger off
7. Flanger and pitch on - phaser off
8. Phaser, flanger, and pitch on

I'd love to hear what you think of it if you get a chance to try it out.

View attachment 17907

dude, YES! it sounds awesome, I particularly love scene 7, sounds great with that pitch block!

Thanks, man, I'm glad you like it. I have to agree that scene 7 is sweet. If you want, I can put it on AxeChange, of course giving you credit, or you can update yours. Either way, I think it's a killer patch. Thanks for doing all the hard work.

Thanks, man, I'm glad you like it. I have to agree that scene 7 is sweet. If you want, I can put it on AxeChange, of course giving you credit, or you can update yours. Either way, I think it's a killer patch. Thanks for doing all the hard work.

sure dude, go ahead!

Great tones and playing. I rarely click and listen to the entire soundcloud clips when people post them, but that was such a great highlight reel of classic Eddie riffs, and you nail the playing so well I had to listen to the whole thing. Thanks for sharing the patch as well.

Great tones and playing. I rarely click and listen to the entire soundcloud clips when people post them, but that was such a great highlight reel of classic Eddie riffs, and you nail the playing so well I had to listen to the whole thing. Thanks for sharing the patch as well.

that means a lot, thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom