VAN HALEN plexi [updated patch-fw11.03]---free download

The best Van Halen patch ever. My favorite was your previous VH patch, but it didnt sound right on newer firmwares. but now is perfect. Awesome plying also. Looking forward for my other favorite patch, your George Lynch patch. thanks a lot for sharing.

Here, here, Fantastic Patch !
Translated to my Les Paul Axcess very well.

I switched to a stereo cab ( Same OH ) cab as yours Paco, no mics.
switched to stereo delay, and man it sounds wide now.

Also, your Flanger is awesome....and Phaser !!

Thanks for sharing.

Excellent work, that was a great performance. I loved hearing the bit of Cabo Wabo thrown in there, that isn't one you hear many people playing, but I love playing it, it has a great groove. Thanks for sharing the patch.

Excellent work, that was a great performance. I loved hearing the bit of Cabo Wabo thrown in there, that isn't one you hear many people playing, but I love playing it, it has a great groove. Thanks for sharing the patch.
Yeah man! OU812 is such an underrated album!

Here, here, Fantastic Patch !
Translated to my Les Paul Axcess very well.

I switched to a stereo cab ( Same OH ) cab as yours Paco, no mics.
switched to stereo delay, and man it sounds wide now.

Also, your Flanger is awesome....and Phaser !!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks dude, I love the phaser settings! Still working on the flanger though, I wanna get closer to the deep sound heard on the intro of "don't tell me" from balance, that's sick :)

Great sound. As you played through their catalogue including more recent tunes, the thought occurred to me - most of the tone comes from the player's fingers. You are able to play much of the songs with the same attack as the original, and it is therefore believable. Eddie's gear started changing when the money started flowing in, so his sound was very different beginning with Women and Children first, IMHO. But your sound clips sounded awesome because of your faithfulness to the playing/performance of the originals, not just the Fractal's ability to cover the VanHalenesque tone.

All things considered, I thought this patch best handled the Van Halen 2 sounds. It might have been the same gear, and some of the basic tracks may or may not have been recorded during the same sessions as Van Halen 1, but simply did not make it onto the first album? The tones between the two albums are very close, but not quite identical, to my ears. I also thought this patch covered the stuff from 1984 very well. But I seem to recall by then Eddie was using stuff being wired by Soldano into load boxes, and then reamplified by solid state high wattage power amps. The tone on 1984 is more mid-rangy and far less gain than on VH I or VH II.

Although most consider VHI as the holy grail of his tones, I'm actually partial to Women and Children first and Fair Warning - much darker and thumpier....but I don't know if he was using a different main head by then, or if the difference is cabinets/mics/eq/studio engineering......

This would be a great time for a VH historian to jump in and bring me up to speed.

GREAT JOB on the patch and totally excellent job on playing all those great tunes - they bring back a lot of good memories!

Mess with cab sims and you can get that woody knock from WACF. I have a simular preset based on the one that Cliff setup and all I did was change the cab sims 412 20 watt to 412 cali and was shocked at how close/different the same amp sim sounded. For the early tones everything is dimed, for the later stuff turn off the boost and change the cab sim. The other thing that is crucial of corse is playing technique, the effects and the half step down tuning all of which Rocco did a great job at.

Its a brilliant patch - leagues better than the standard factory presets on the axe fx. I have spent the last 2 nights playing van halen tunes. It sounds identical to a number of van halen tones especially "you really got me" and scene 2 is a perfect match for aint talking about love - love the preset.

Wow!! Excellent man.
I have been playing two years. If I get close to this in the coming years, I'll be a happy bunny!
This forum, the Axe and the people on the forum keep me focused and inspired. Its a daily reminder why I love playing.
Thanks, Andy.

Back
Top Bottom