Van Halen - "Panama" Preset

Such a great patch Mark! I tweaked it a bit and used a couple Ownhammer IR's to get more of the later 80s 5150 vibe and recorded the intro to 5150 earlier. I just learned the riff yesterday (sort of) so it's not perfect, but i'm happy with the tone so thank you for the initial patch!

Such a great patch Mark! I tweaked it a bit and used a couple Ownhammer IR's to get more of the later 80s 5150 vibe and recorded the intro to 5150 earlier. I just learned the riff yesterday (sort of) so it's not perfect, but i'm happy with the tone so thank you for the initial patch!

Hey man, sounds great 👍🏻
Sounds good to me. You are very welcome, I like what you’ve done with it, good job.

Hi mate, I’m really liking it, it plays lovely, has the smoothest and nicest feel neck I’ve ever played. The only thing I wasn’t sure about was the amount of relic on the fretboard, it was made to look too dirty imo so I took some off with some wire wool, other than that I absolute love it, not really played my LP since. Yes I’m with you on that mate, it’s been a tragic week and there’s no better time to buy one now. Mine is actually the 54th one to be made which is cool. Good luck and let me know how you like it once you get it mate 👍🏻
RIP Eddie

Thanks Mark, should be here today. Cant wait!

You know Sambora had his own line of guitars for sale for a short time in the 90's I believe. I have not seen one for sale any where since then.

I do, thanks Sherry, and I have a few of them! Kramer RS, Fender signature Strat, ESP Sambora, and Ovation RS double neck acoustic.

Can you post the patch and tell us the IRs please?

• Love
Reactions: GBM
Can you post the patch and tell us the IRs please?
Here you go. IR's you can see in the pic below. Ownhammer 412 MAR-CB V30 57 and 121

Attachments

• MP Van Halen - matt updated.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 9.57.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 9.57.36 AM.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 97
Great patch, thanks for posting!

Where did you get the backing track? All I want from my guitar playing life is to play covers of my favorite stuff over the original recording. Lame I know, but this passion of mine comes about fifth for me in life, and I have no delusions of grandeur about being in a band or anything, ha. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Also, would I set my computer output to go to the axe so the backing track and my guitar signal would both come out my monitors?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, just learning this world after decades of being all analog.

Hi all, i've been asked by so many people for this preset so here it is.

It is using a stock cab. I use scene 1 in my video with chorus, scene 2 is using the pitch block instead of chorus and scene 3 i was messing around with the 100w Plexi so you can have a play and see what works for you.

Enjoy.

Great patch, thanks for posting!

Where did you get the backing track? All I want from my guitar playing life is to play covers of my favorite stuff over the original recording. Lame I know, but this passion of mine comes about fifth for me in life, and I have no delusions of grandeur about being in a band or anything, ha. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Also, would I set my computer output to go to the axe so the backing track and my guitar signal would both come out my monitors?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, just learning this world after decades of being all analog.
Hi mate, thanks.
I get my backing tracks from YouTube, I convert them to mp3, then put them into Logic.
That’s not lame mate, if that makes you happy then do it, there’s no rules what you can or can’t do 😊
Yes I set my Mac output to go through my Axe so everything I hear comes out my monitors.
Anymore questions just ask away, good luck.

Thanks for the info, sorry to take weeks to respond, but like I said above, I don't get much time for my guitar pursuits.

How do you convert a YouTube track to MP3?

And I've been thinking of getting an interface like one of the apollos and logic in order to record (and apparently I just learned that would help me play over my favorite songs), but I'm afraid of the time suck. Is that a big learning curve?

Thanks again for your help

How do you convert a YouTube track to MP3?

If you Google "YouTube to mp3", any of the first few sites that come up should work. This one works pretty good: https://ytmp3.cc/

Also, if you're looking for backing tracks, check out this site: https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

They have a lot of great stuff there! I think someone figured out how to rip the actual instruments and vocals out of the Guitar Hero games, because there are a lot of them with the actual recordings, less the guitar.

If you Google "YouTube to mp3", any of the first few sites that come up should work. This one works pretty good: https://ytmp3.cc/

Also, if you're looking for backing tracks, check out this site: https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

They have a lot of great stuff there! I think someone figured out how to rip the actual instruments and vocals out of the Guitar Hero games, because there are a lot of them with the actual recordings, less the guitar.
mp3juice.c o m is what i use

Back
Top Bottom