Van Halen - "Panama" Preset (RIP Eddie)

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all, It's a sad sad day in the guitar world so i thought i'd do this.
I made this preset on my Axe-FX III and thought i'd share for you FM3 guys, i'm not sure how it will turn out but feel free to try.
I used a stock cab, pic below if its not included.
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 18.04.28.png

Enjoy guys.

Attachments

• MP Van Halen - Panama FM3(FM3).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Just on the borderline cpu-wise with reverb on economy. Don't think we have those cabs you used and there wasn't an amp in the chain either. But thanks anyways. I did manage to convert your AXE FXIII preset over to the FM3 but without those cabs.

Just on the borderline cpu-wise with reverb on economy. Don't think we have those cabs you used and there wasn't an amp in the chain either. But thanks anyways. I did manage to convert your AXE FXIII preset over to the FM3 but without those cabs.
Hi thanks for the feedback. I only used the one cab, if that one isn't in the FM3 then maybe just find a Greenback with 57 thats pretty bright. As far as the amp block i think thats because i used the second amp block but i have adjusted it now and changed it to Amp 1 so if you could try the new version and let me know. I've also taken the Flanger and Phaser out to save a bit of CPU. Please let me know if this one is better. Thanks.

Reactions: HIO
The new version works if I change the reverb to economy. The reverb was a tad too much, I think. Playing with different cabs and increasing the gain seems to work.

The new version works if I change the reverb to economy. The reverb was a tad too much, I think. Playing with different cabs and increasing the gain seems to work.
Cool thanks. The pickups in my Frankenstrat are quite hot so if your pickups are slightly weaker upping the gain should compensate. Thanks again for the feedback.

Awesome preset! Panama is one of my favorite tones!

I just wanted to share back and hopefully you and others may find something you like and can integrate yourself from my work as much as I did from yours. This was a great starting point! I took it and made it work with my guitar better.

Scenes 1-4 use the Plexi 100 1970 in the Amp block. I adjusted the input trim to make it work with my pickups better, so definitely check that out if you try this preset. I also tried to do what I could to reflect the recent Pete Thorn video:

Scenes 5-8 are based on your 50w 6550/6CA7 Plexi in the Amp block but using the stock cabs and a few tweaks to make it work better for me.

Cabs are the best I could find. There are some muted cabs that may help people with different pickups get closer to the sound, some darker, some brighter.

Thanks again :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• 019_Deja Panama.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 107
Pretty awesome - where'd you get the backing track? Is that like a master track without guitar or something?
I think i got it from YouTube, just type Panama backing track and there should be a video with no guitar, then i downloaded it to mp3 and stuck it in Logic.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom