Van Halen on Kimmel

Sounds like Dave's IEMs are trailing, he's late all the time.

My god, Dave can't even sing on key or time. Terrible. THe music was great but then he joined in and made them sound off sucks!!! Plus the dude makes more noises than sings IMHO sucks period.

Guitar tone and drum sounds were classic, amazing he has a signature "drum sound". Dave needs to stop chewing bubblegum, and concentrate on staying in key. Sing, stop barking words.

Everything sounded great... then Dave started singing :O

Plus, if there is one person who is more annoying to watch perform on stage than Steve Vai... It's DLR ;)

I saw them both live... Together.... Loved it then... Not so much now... I am watching kimmel now... Trying to decide if we wanna get tix for the summer tour..... I miss Sammy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw them both live... Together.... Loved it then... Not so much now... I am watching kimmel now... Trying to decide if we wanna get tix for the summer tour..... I miss Sammy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Years ago when Sammy joined Vanhalen I wasn't that happy though I'd never seen DLR live either but was just not happy. Well over the years i've grown to love Sammy Live with Vanhalen, they were the best IMHO.

If Dave worked on his singing as much as his Color Guard routine he might be able to sing as close to in key as he did back in the day. But I was impressed with Ed and Al looking and sounding fit. I hope they can hold it together over the tour.

This is pretty typical Dave live. I've seen them a couple of times with Dave, on Diver Down and then the last tour. He's just the showman/jackass when they play live, it's his thing. I think he could honestly do better if he tried, I just don't think he really gives a shit if he sounds good or not. He sounded great on the last album, albeit a studio album with multiple comps or whatever. The last time I saw them he sounded better than this but he still spent half his time dicking around and not even singing.

All that to say the Van Halens all sound awesome as usual. If I go to to see them this tour (looking doubtful with AMEX presales, which means all the scalpers will have the tickets first) I would only be going to hear them anyway.

I'm really glad to see Eddie looking so healthy. There have been a few exposés and interviews with him over the last few years where he literally looked like death warmed over. It's always sad to see your hero's looking frail, so this was a welcome sight for me.

I've seen Van Halen (1984 tour in Dallas, 1st and 3rd shows @ Reunion Arena, among others) as well as Van Hagar live. Sammy was a great addition to the player line up of the band, but Diamond Dave was always the better showman. He knew how to work the crowd. Van Hagar is great for listening to. Van Halen is great for live shows.

I always missed the days with Dave, but never had anything but praise for the band during the Sammy days. They both have their merits, and no negatives to speak of in my opinion. They are the quintessential band that defines my youth. Them, and KISS. Then we have the hair metal days...oh lord. =)

This is pretty typical Dave live. I've seen them a couple of times with Dave, on Diver Down and then the last tour. He's just the showman/jackass when they play live, it's his thing. I think he could honestly do better if he tried, I just don't think he really gives a shit if he sounds good or not.

Completely agree. Especially the part about he could do better.

He sounded great on the last album, albeit a studio album with multiple comps or whatever. The last time I saw them he sounded better than this but he still spent half his time dicking around and not even singing.

Fair Warning, Diver Down and 1984 for me. And yup, nothing has changed in that department except he doesn't look cool doing that routine anymore. 8)

\m/

Back
Top Bottom