Van Halen - "I'm The One" (New OwnHammer IRs)

I always thought the opposite. I couldn't wait for the next album to see what the new thing or lick was going to be. Every album he was doing something on the guitar he had not done on the previous albums. Until Van Hagar that is. For me each album release was like a new chapter of guitar lessons.

I guess if I went back and listened to everything now, I could see where it would all sound similar (not much progression). But at the time those small steps were huge to my ears.

Oh and btw, nailed it Rocco!
Same feeling here...

Rocco! My gawd man... Simply amazing. They say that "tone" is in the hands; I guess Ed is running around without his hands now... because you seem to have taken them from him! Your VH tones, phrasing and technique are absolutely supreme. I know people who can play VH songs with perfect accuracy, but other than the Master himself, NO ONE ELSE is even close to your "feel." If I didn't see your face every now and then on the screen, I'd swear we were being trolled by Ed. Ha! Much respect for your preparation and execution. *standing ovation*

Rocco! My gawd man... Simply amazing. They say that "tone" is in the hands; I guess Ed is running around without his hands now... because you seem to have taken them from him! Your VH tones, phrasing and technique are absolutely supreme. I know people who can play VH songs with perfect accuracy, but other than the Master himself, NO ONE ELSE is even close to your "feel." If I didn't see your face every now and then on the screen, I'd swear we were being trolled by Ed. Ha! Much respect for your preparation and execution. *standing ovation*
thanks a lot man :)

Cool! good job, nice to see someone actually play the lick in the 2nd solo correctly for a change.
I always thought the solo to "Atomic Punk" was the most difficult on the first album.
I did this take 5 years ago (I don't even remember which amp model I used) his rhythmic playing
is what I always loved about him the most.

Last edited:
Mind. Blown.

Dude, best VH cover...ever.

That bit from 3:00-3:15 made me want to throw my guitars in the dumpster.
Cool! good job, nice to see someone actually play the lick in the 2nd solo correctly for a change.
I always thought the solo to "Atomic Punk" was the most difficult on the first album.
I did this take 5 years ago (I don't even remember which amp model I used) his rhythmic playing
is what I always loved about him the most.

Absolutely Amazing! Great tone and fantastic playing.
thanks a lot dudes!

If you asked me how much more this could be improved, i would say that it could be none more improved.

Can someone please direct me to the correct IR Pack that our friend Rocco used here.
Thanks guys.

That was beyond awesome. In fast, that must have been Eddie himself, or his stand-in double. Holy crapy, each note is done with such ease. Maybe my next life.

Rocco, I just don't get tired of seeing and hearing you play!
Very inspiring to me for sure. Now I just need more time to practice :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom