Van Halen - "I'm The One" (New OwnHammer IRs)

You really showcased those awesome new IRs wonderfully with that tune...that cab pack is really special...can you share exactly which ones you used for that cut? Thanks,@ProgressiveRocco

Would it be too much trouble to see a screenshot of how you set up the Amp tone, presence and volume controls?

You did an amazing job on the song. You killed it. I bought those IR's today. Definitely the best I've heard. I'm probably done with IR's after this pack. I can't imagine needing anything else.

That is the most difficult song on that record, and by far my favorite. Holy poop. You absolutely hit that one out of the park! That song thrills me, and has such a great wave of energy. Well done on the tone match, and WOW fantastic job on the execution.

If you didn't tell me, I would have thought I was listening to the album track. Nice work man!

Amazing playing as always! Eddie was so good then , for the time and what others were/not doing. Too bad he never REALLY progressed; It's as though he peaked on the first album... Yes I like plenty of his other stuff, but not sure he actually got ANY better?! Id love to hear him with some Satch or Petrucc. lessons!

Amazing playing as always! Eddie was so good then , for the time and what others were/not doing. Too bad he never REALLY progressed; It's as though he peaked on the first album... Yes I like plenty of his other stuff, but not sure he actually got ANY better?! Id love to hear him with some Satch or Petrucc. lessons!

I always thought the opposite. I couldn't wait for the next album to see what the new thing or lick was going to be. Every album he was doing something on the guitar he had not done on the previous albums. Until Van Hagar that is. For me each album release was like a new chapter of guitar lessons.

I guess if I went back and listened to everything now, I could see where it would all sound similar (not much progression). But at the time those small steps were huge to my ears.

Oh and btw, nailed it Rocco!

Back
Top Bottom