Van Halen I preset

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all,

Here is a Van Halen 1 preset, I made it on my Axe-Fx III but converted it to the FM3, it has 8 scenes for 8 different songs. I've tried to match the recordings including the panning of the guitar and reverb.
I've used a couple of stock IR's and a 3rd party one (Pete Thorn's PT20)
I know i cant upload the preset with the 3rd party IR so i will include it in this post and i will attach some screen shots of the 4 cabs.
I'm sure it can do with some tweaking so knock yourselves out and see what you can do with it.

Enjoy!

1613081486938.png
1613081505300.png
1613081523229.png
1613081540405.png

Attachments

• Friedman_PT20_SM57(AxeFx III).syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 370
  • MP Van Halen I LP(FM3).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 528
Thanks for that, every time I tried converting one of your presets to FM3, it never came out right. Not sure if the FracTool is optimized for FM3 cause even with other converted presets, they never come out good. I appreciate the work you do.

Thanks for that, every time I tried converting one of your presets to FM3, it never came out right. Not sure if the FracTool is optimized for FM3 cause even with other converted presets, they never come out good. I appreciate the work you do.

I'm also wondering if it's the latest FM firmware... I can't use the patch at all... mutes the unit due to CPU being taxed out.

I'm also wondering if it's the latest FM firmware... I can't use the patch at all... mutes the unit due to CPU being taxed out.
I’m sorry I can’t try them as I only have an Axe III but like @sandmannn69 said lower the reverb quality that should drop the CPU to where it should work.

Hi all,

Here is a Van Halen 1 preset, I made it on my Axe-Fx III but converted it to the FM3, it has 8 scenes for 8 different songs. I've tried to match the recordings including the panning of the guitar and reverb.
I've used a couple of stock IR's and a 3rd party one (Pete Thorn's PT20)
I know i cant upload the preset with the 3rd party IR so i will include it in this post and i will attach some screen shots of the 4 cabs.
I'm sure it can do with some tweaking so knock yourselves out and see what you can do with it.

Enjoy!

View attachment 78420
View attachment 78421
View attachment 78422
View attachment 78423

Thats awesome Mark you definitely got that van Halen sound down very cool

Hi Mark. Would you please share your amp and settings? When opening the Van Halen I preset on the FM3, it deletes the amp block. Also, where would the Reverb block be in the signal chain? Thanks in advance.

1613191276482.png

I'm not getting any sound when I downloaded the FM3 preset. Any suggestions? I'm new to the Fractal world.
It could be muted for several reasons. Are you seeing a "warning" in red (top right corner of the software). If so, be sure the Reverb block is set to economy to relieve some stress on the CPU. Also, check to see that your using the correct cabs and that they are not muted. Lastly, be sure all blocks are connected. If you're still having issues, try to post a screen shot. I'm always happy to try and help but admittedly, I'm a newbie too. Thankfully there are several others in the forum that don't mind helping us out. ;-)

I'm not getting any sound when I downloaded the FM3 preset. Any suggestions? I'm new to the Fractal world.

It could be muted for several reasons. Are you seeing a "warning" in red (top right corner of the software). If so, be sure the Reverb block is set to economy to relieve some stress on the CPU. Also, check to see that your using the correct cabs and that they are not muted. Lastly, be sure all blocks are connected. If you're still having issues, try to post a screen shot. I'm always happy to try and help but admittedly, I'm a newbie too. Thankfully there are several others in the forum that don't mind helping us out. ;-)
The preset uses a "USER CAB" so I think you need to download and install that cab.

Back
Top Bottom