Van Halen I (Free Preset)

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all,

Here is a Van Halen 1 preset i've been working on, it has 8 scenes for 8 different songs. I've tried to match the recordings including the panning of the guitar and reverb.
I've used a couple of stock IR's and a 3rd party one (Pete Thorn's PT20)
I have to give @levipeto some credit as i downloaded his preset whilst i was in the middle of doing mine and took some ideas from his.
I know i cant upload the preset with the 3rd party IR so i will include it in this post and i will attach some screen shots of the 4 cabs.
I'm sure it can do with some tweaking so knock yourselves out and see what you can do with it.

Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 20.37.24.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-24 at 20.37.46.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-24 at 20.38.04.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-24 at 20.38.16.png

Attachments

• Friedman_PT20_SM57(AxeFx III).syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 591
  • MP Van Halen I LP.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Hey Mark - This sounds awesome, but I’ve only got an FM3 and FM3-Edit didn’t bring over any Amp blocks for some reason. Can you post your amp settings so I can try to build this on the FM3?Thanks!
Hey mate, thanks a lot.
Did you use Fractool? I can but I did a lot of tweaking so would have to screen shot every parameter, I’m out for the day so let me know later if you haven’t sorted it and then I will do it when I get in.
Thanks

Hey mate, thanks a lot.
Did you use Fractool? I can but I did a lot of tweaking so would have to screen shot every parameter, I’m out for the day so let me know later if you haven’t sorted it and then I will do it when I get in.
Thanks
Good point, I used FM3-Edit. I’ll try Fractool later today and see what happens. Thanks.

Very cool! So many great new VH presets - they all sound great - and now I have no more excuses to try and learn the f'ing songs, eh?
Haha, yes there are a lot of good ones out there now. VH is so much fun to play, i think we are all still learning how to play the way Eddie does, he is one of a kind.

Hey mate, thanks a lot.
Thanks
😩Even FracTool brings it over without an amp...
Arrrgggghhhhh.... Also, without an amp it’s still registering 85.6% CPU on the FM3. This sucks. The FM3 CANNOT handle these awesome VH presets you guys are throwing out there. My heart was already broken when I found out that the FM3 couldn’t handle Burg’s Brownies - the sickest VH preset out there that I lusted over for months waiting for my FM3 to show up - Thanks again Burgs!! This is just PTSD now trying to get another one that I can’t have on my FM3 - at least Levi’s works somehow... Mark, thanks for your amazing skills and effort, but alas, us FM3 guys are left out again... I guess I could get an AX3 but I don’t want rack gear - I want/need an AX3 at my feet...

😩Even FracTool brings it over without an amp...
Arrrgggghhhhh.... Also, without an amp it’s still registering 85.6% CPU on the FM3. This sucks. The FM3 CANNOT handle these awesome VH presets you guys are throwing out there. My heart was already broken when I found out that the FM3 couldn’t handle Burg’s Brownies - the sickest VH preset out there that I lusted over for months waiting for my FM3 to show up - Thanks again Burgs!! This is just PTSD now trying to get another one that I can’t have on my FM3 - at least Levi’s works somehow... Mark, thanks for your amazing skills and effort, but alas, us FM3 guys are left out again... I guess I could get an AX3 but I don’t want rack gear - I want/need an AX3 at my feet...
Hi mate, I’m sorry to hear that you couldn’t transfer the amp but I’m sure there is a way, someone on here must be able to help you. There are ways to get the CPU down ie change the reverb and cab quality from ultra high. Maybe ask on one of the FM3 threads on how to transfer from Axe III to FM3.

I bet the next FM will have way more memory with all the complaints that fractal is getting over the memory issues . thank goodness I bought the Axe Fx 3 instead. I dodged a bullet on that one.

This is certainly making me rethink purchasing the FM3. If the FM3 is to the AX3 as the AX8 is to the AX2, I may get by. Glad my turn is probably months from now!

I've been able to spend some time playing with this preset and I gotta say this is the closest I've ever been to this iconic tone. I can tell this took a lot of time to create. It's only taken minimal tweaks to get it working with my super-strat style (non-LP) setup. Incredible job Mark!

I've been able to spend some time playing with this preset and I gotta say this is the closest I've ever been to this iconic tone. I can tell this took a lot of time to create. It's only taken minimal tweaks to get it working with my super-strat style (non-LP) setup.
Incredible job Mark!
Hey man, thank you so much for your kind words, I’m glad it works for you and your super strat 😊👍🏻
Yeah I was tweaking and playing around with it for a few weeks, I wanted to get as close as I could to this iconic tone. Thanks again mate and enjoy 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom