VAN HALEN - I´m the one

The Van Halen Boogie-Oogie-Shuffle-Wuffle...

Hello WBL,

You're a brave man! I can NOT play this tune up-to-tempo - LOL!

I like your tone on this, and a lot of the lead licks sound great...The only thing I was missing was the "shuffle-element" of the main verse-riff? On these cooking Van Halen Boogie/Shuffles I always think of it as "ZZ Top (think: "La Grange") on CRACK!" if you know what I mean - LOL! This tune, also "Sinner's Swing," "So This Is Love," and "Hot For Teacher" are all good examples of the warp-speed "ZZ-Top-meets-Grand Funk shuffle-feel!"

That all said, you and your Axe-FX II sound really good!

Bill

Hello WBL,

You're a brave man! I can NOT play this tune up-to-tempo - LOL!

I like your tone on this, and a lot of the lead licks sound great...The only thing I was missing was the "shuffle-element" of the main verse-riff? On these cooking Van Halen Boogie/Shuffles I always think of it as "ZZ Top (think: "La Grange") on CRACK!" if you know what I mean - LOL! This tune, also "Sinner's Swing," "So This Is Love," and "Hot For Teacher" are all good examples of the warp-speed "ZZ-Top-meets-Grand Funk shuffle-feel!"

That all said, you and your Axe-FX II sound really good!

Bill

Hi bro,

I know. I´m missing the "mojo" too.
Bro, in fact I´m a simple man (not a brave man). So, I learn very very slow :)
this is the first time I played this tune. So i need to practice again and again.
I think the FW 1.01 will be better. :)

I'm just OLD!

Hi bro,

this is the first time I played this tune. So i need to practice again and again.

Hi WBL,

I think you have plenty of MOJO!

I'm just old enough to remember those old ZZ Top and Grand Funk shuffle-tunes! I need to practice more though to get my chops up!

Well done and best of luck with your Axe-FX II and your playing!

Bill

Hi bro,

Plenty of "mojo" there! And you learn very fast as this is your first time playing the tune. Well done!

Sounds great!
Licks are there!
Riffs are there!

.. but your playin' the verses way way too fast. Man you slow them verses down and it'll be damn Eddie close!! Maybe it's the drum midi?

Great job, but I will suggest bringing the guitar volume up to make it even better.

Back
Top Bottom