AFIII Van Halen "Hot for Teacher" Patch

guitarzen

Inspired
Was having fun today jamming on Hot for Teacher and decided to share the patch with you guys since it sounds close to my ears. I lowered the gain on this patch based on feedback I got on the Panama patch, and blended in a D120 cab per Simeon's advice for some more sizzle (only factory cabs used). There are 3 scenes - Scene 1 is for the tapping intro and solo, Scene 2 is for the main riff, and Scene 3 is for the neck pickup lower gain riff. I attached a quick recorded clip showing the tone of the different scenes. Since I don't have a foot controller, I recorded each section separately and cut it together so edits and tempo are a bit rough but you get the idea. Let me know what you think. Cheers!

Attachments

• Van Halen HFT.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 66
Sounds awesome. I read somewhere that EVH used a Gibson Flying V to cut that track and the cleaner parts were with the neck pickup volume rolled back to get that great glassy clean tone from his Plexi.

I know he used a Dean ML k at one point in his career. I have an article about it in a guitar world mag.

Sounds awesome. I read somewhere that EVH used a Gibson Flying V to cut that track and the cleaner parts were with the neck pickup volume rolled back to get that great glassy clean tone from his Plexi.
Thanks. Yeah, I heard the same thing about the Flying V, but could have also been his Ibanez Destroyer. Definitely the neck pickup for the cleaner part. I used my Wolfgang's neck PU for that part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom