Igor Paspalj

Inspired
Just started playing with FAS Reverb, and here's a quick try of Eruption. Few mistakes here and there, though... :) I recorded dry guitar with Axe FX II and then applied FAS Reverb in Logic.

Btw, Reverb is AWESOME (that's why I cranked MIX more, compared to original recording, lol), too many parameters for tweaking, just getting myself familiar with it.

Anyway, suggestions are more then welcome :)

Cheers! :)

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

:eek:
Ok Man! Spit out that patch... and the reverb settings!!! :p

Thanks! I'll post it tommorow. For FAS reverb it's just a factory preset "Large Plate" with pre-delay crancked all the way up to 250ms, and some other small adjustment with size and can't remember now exactley what else, didn't even get trough advanced settings :) but this one already will put You in a ballpark.

I'll post screenshot of Reverb and preset tomorrow.

Thanks! I'll post it tommorow. For FAS reverb it's just a factory preset "Large Plate" with pre-delay crancked all the way up to 250ms, and some other small adjustment with size and can't remember now exactley what else, didn't even get trough advanced settings :) but this one already will put You in a ballpark.

I'll post screenshot of Reverb and preset tomorrow.

Great!!! Tnx Dude!!!
About your suggestion request... if may I... you must refine just a bit the low-end of the sound!
The whole picture is almost perfect... but the lows became a little woofy/muffled while you go down with the notes (and the wammy bar!!!). The original sound is more "acid" in that zone. There are many ways to do that (low amp setting and cut switch, amp eq, post-eq, etc...) but try the low-cut in the cab block first!
Another very very little tweack to me is... just a touch less of drive/distortion!
ok but... as i said... the whole picture is beautiful!!!

Great!!! Tnx Dude!!!
About your suggestion request... if may I... you must refine just a bit the low-end of the sound!
The whole picture is almost perfect... but the lows became a little woofy/muffled while you go down with the notes (and the wammy bar!!!). The original sound is more "acid" in that zone. There are many ways to do that (low amp setting and cut switch, amp eq, post-eq, etc...) but try the low-cut in the cab block first!
Another very very little tweack to me is... just a touch less of drive/distortion!
ok but... as i said... the whole picture is beautiful!!!

Yes, I agree :) I didn't really aimed here to nail Eruption guitar tone 100%perfectly, spent more time with FAS reverb for guitar in this one. I have like 20 Eruption preset attempts, just picked one of them which is pretty close, but yes, with recreating EVH sound, there's always places for improvement, that's for sure :)

@GuttaLaser Here's the preset and screenshot of FAS Reverb. Cheers! :)

Screen_Shot_2016_05_20_at_1_27_58_PM.png

Attachments

• The Brown Igor.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom