Van Halen covering Rainbow's Man on a Silver Mountain from 1976

From humble beginnings great things sprung. Never been a DLR fan.
I'm a huge DLR fan... Of his old studio stuff, both VH and solo.

But his voice these days is decimated... And I've not heard many live performances that impressed me, ever...

I think the DLR era albums were masterpieces. They were heavy, bluesy, electric and progressive with a lot of attitude. Live, they were a party band plain and simple and DLR was the perfect host. I just wish he had taken the singing more seriously. Those albums were the perfect formula for those guys.

Interesting hearing Eddie's soloing on this. Sort of like watching a baby learn to walk, knowing that eventually he'll be an Olympic sprinter.

A former co-worker of mine in LA used to talk about seeing Van Halen playing backyard keg parties when he was going to high school in Pasadena. It was about the same time as this song was recorded.

Interesting hearing Eddie's soloing on this. Sort of like watching a baby learn to walk, knowing that eventually he'll be an Olympic sprinter.

A former co-worker of mine in LA used to talk about seeing Van Halen playing backyard keg parties when he was going to high school in Pasadena. It was about the same time as this song was recorded.
Yeah... He was clearly chasing Blackmore at first but then moved off to Eddie-land.

Back
Top Bottom