VAN HALEN - 5150 (1986) video w/patch

I don't post too often but I'd like to thank you for the trip down memory lane! Your playing is top notch! This album came out around the time I started getting really interested in playing guitar. Your videos remind me just how great a player Eddie was/is. Time to go back and listen to 5150 and 1984 again. Oh yeah thanks for the patch - it works very well for me!

Holy %&#! Amazing. I downloaded that patch...been playing 4 hours with it - i'm addicted. The 5150 is one of my top 5 favorite tones of all-time. Just found this thread and your video - equally awesome...great playing...cool guitar. Rock on:)

Dammmmmmmmmmmn you Rooooooooooooooocco!, You make us all look like chumps,
a) one of my fav. opening riffs
b) been trying to play it for years
c) you make it look sooooooooo easy, which shows not how easy it is but how good you are,
d) the sound is awesome, Ive had a balance sound from others and my tweaking for some time now and you nailed it even better
e) Thanks!
f) As I said before , the new MARK DAY, of all axe fxness
g) I have your album, though I like your vids more!

I still don't hear any differences - I hear a great sound, great player who seems to have a lot of fun! :eagerness:

That is worth more than all the "gap of 0.02% to reality"-talk during the last (and past) days here!

Thanks a lot, Rocco!!!

Cheers
Paco

Awesome Rocco... I have been torn between using my Matrix GT1000FX going through a standard guitar cabinet and the FRFR route . Was using a powered QSC K8 for a while with cabinet sims and was not completely satisfied . Using no sims lately with a Celestion V30 1 by 12 Avatar cabinet with nice results . This clip of yours want's me to explore FRFR again . How was this clip recorded ? If you use a FRFR speaker what have you found to give you the most authentic results . you obviously have an excellent ear !!

Thanks as always for sharing !!

hey man! thanks! I just went usb straight into cubase, for monitoring I'm just using a pair of yahamah hs80m!

Wow, this is SO nice!

On a sidenote: How are you liking the 36th anniversary JB compared to a normal JB or the Duncan Custom?

Grandissimo!!!
Che precisione e che classe nel suonare.
Sono invidiosissimo!!!

Scusa una cosa: dove si acquistano le chitarre Champan?
ciao
posta ancora dei video che torno indietro nel tempo...... Sigh!

Very nice!!! I downloaded your patch and was surprised I had not used that Ultra-Res cab yet. Sounds fantastic. Thanks.

That's going to keep me busy for the afternoon. Awesome playing and thank you so much for sharing with us mere mortals......

Back
Top Bottom