VAN HALEN - 5150 (1986) video w/patch

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
hey everyone! been working on this patch for a while, I wanted to get as close as possible to Eddie's tone on 5150 (one of my favorite VH songs with Sammy). I used the Brit Brown amp, note you will need the OH 412 MAR-CB M-SB-75 Studio Modern from the OwnHammer UltraRes pack. As on the original track, the guitar's dry signal is on the left while the right side is wet, Eddie used an Eventide pitch/detune effect with some ms of delay all panned to the right, so I did the same using the pitch block.
There's also 4 different scenes on the preset, the first is the main sound, the second has a tube drive and a delay for solos, the third has a cool phaser(classic VH vibe), the fourth has a flanger tweaked to the Unchained settings. You can pretty much play anything from the 1978 album to Balance with this patch, sounds pretty good on anything.
Enough talking, here's the video! I'm using my Chapman ML1 Hot Rod, with a Seymour Duncan 35th anniversary JB, one volume knob and a floyd rose trem, as simple as that! Enjoy :)

DOWNLOAD PATCH HERE: Axe-Change - Download Preset - =VH= 5150 (1986) - by RoccoPezzin

Last edited:
Rocco, simply outstanding. You are one of the best guitarists out there right now, IMO. Just killer!

If any of you haven't heard Rocco's album "Plastic Mind Frequencies", I would *HIGHLY* recommend it. He not only played the guitars (probably all the instruments on the album!), he also recorded, mixed, and mastered the album too. Go search Bandcamp.com for it. You'll be glad you did. :D

thanks a lot guys!! :)

Rocco, simply outstanding. You are one of the best guitarists out there right now, IMO. Just killer!

If any of you haven't heard Rocco's album "Plastic Mind Frequencies", I would *HIGHLY* recommend it. He not only played the guitars (probably all the instruments on the album!), he also recorded, mixed, and mastered the album too. Go search Bandcamp.com for it. You'll be glad you did. :D

haha too kind dude, thanks a lot!!

Man you nail the feel of Eddie's playing so well its uncanny. Absolutely great job as usual and thx for sharing the patch.

Back
Top Bottom