VAN HALEN 2012

Ya know, it really speaks to how pathetic mainstream music has become, when people get a huge hard-on for anything put out by a band that hasn't been relevant for 20+ years.

I think you might be exaggerating the expected response. Sure, there will be some folks who will buy the album and see the tour no matter what, but with so much instant information available, we'll be able to hear the whole album and probably see most of the shows on youtube anyways, so most people can make up there minds when it comes out.
I agree it is a good point about the general lack of other interesting music, though. Rush is the only band I'm really interested in seeing this year. Oh, and I do have tickets to see Roger Waters at Wrigley Field in June, but as far as "newer" bands, ziltch.

If Ed is sober it should be great...after all, he is still Edward Van Halen and can still play his ass off if he's not on an assortment of substances. I didn't go see them on the last round and have regretted it ever since. Thought I would teach VH a lesson for doing what I presumed was a shameless money grab and withhold my $100. I heard Alex was forced to use platinum plated toilet paper instead of the diamond plated he normally enjoys because I didn't buy a ticket.

I just saw on the news they cancelled 30 some-odd dates after the New Orleans show at the end of June. Trouble in paradise?

Rolling Stone says it's because they hate each other, but the inside rumor that is going around is EVH's cancer has flared up.

VHND says all is well. No arguments and no health problems. No official word on why the delay, some speculation they want to tweak the show a bit, and that they want a little down time so the tour can be extended.

Yeah, I buy that. :roll

If they were doing a no production, 4 guys on a stage with some lights type tour, maybe. I don't know if that's the case. But usually you have a tour you have binding contracts, insurance bought, venues booked, transportation and lodging and trucks and crews. They don't have the money to just blow off 30 shows because they felt like some down time.

MrGuitarabuse said:
Nothing makes up for lost time without Michael Anthony on bass and backing vocals.... damn that son of a.......eddie...

You clearly haven't seen them with Wolfie...

I'll second the Wolfie importance. If you listen to the new album, this is the first time that Eddie has actually had a bassist that can keep up with him musically. As far as the tour, they posted a message stating "we bit off more than we could chew", so apparently the dates will still be played just after a longer break.

They don't have the money to just blow off 30 shows because they felt like some down time.

Forgetting everything else, about this you are mistaken. They actually do have the money. Do you have any idea how much money they've made in the last few years alone never mind from endless historical album sales even with the not so great contract they signed as kids?

This has never been about money that they don't even need, though more is always nice too.

If they were doing a no production, 4 guys on a stage with some lights type tour, maybe. I don't know if that's the case. But usually you have a tour you have binding contracts, insurance bought, venues booked, transportation and lodging and trucks and crews. They don't have the money to just blow off 30 shows because they felt like some down time.

No idea if that reason was true or not. The main purpose of my post was that the Rolling Stone information was, according to more informed sources, completely inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom