VAN HALEN 2012

My opinion - the new album will be an embarrassment and/or a pro-tools creation of mythology.
I question if they have songs left to write. Especially Ed. Dave still has gas I suspect.

I'd be happy to be wrong mind you, but not making peace with Mike Anthony left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Listening to Chickenfoot III its clear they are losing out for it. He is the reason that album gets over so consistently.
Good old fun. Something I didn't see in that 2012 VH teaser video despite hectic editing and a big confetti budget.

Hopefully it's not like the last tour... There were some pretty sour grapes on that gig.

I hadn't heard that at all. I had friends who saw the east coast dates and loved it, that's not the whole tour but from a Diamond Dave perspective he got the best reviews. Perhaps he felt he had something to prove?

What did you see that was bad? I didn't and won't go but I was such a huge fan for so long, its hard not to watch this train wreck put steam up again.

No MA, no VH. He is one of the greatest rock bass players of all time, and I will never pay money for a ticket to see them without him.

Reactions: jon
If you read Sammy's book "Red" , Eddie seems so crazy, I can't imagine him being able to get it together for another album

My opinion - the new album will be an embarrassment and/or a pro-tools creation of mythology.
I question if they have songs left to write. Especially Ed. Dave still has gas I suspect.

I guess this means, it will only be a hair better than anything put out by today's "rock" bands....

Ya know, it really speaks to how pathetic mainstream music has become, when people get a huge hard-on for anything put out by a band that hasn't been relevant for 20+ years.

Reactions: jon
I got to catch them last time around in Denver. I was actually pretty happy with the show I got, especially after seeing/hearing some of the shows on youtube later. Ed wasn't razor sharp but it wasn't that bad either and Roth was entertaining.

Dave

I hadn't heard that at all. I had friends who saw the east coast dates and loved it, that's not the whole tour but from a Diamond Dave perspective he got the best reviews. Perhaps he felt he had something to prove?

What did you see that was bad? I didn't and won't go but I was such a huge fan for so long, its hard not to watch this train wreck put steam up again.

That comment was based purely on Youtube shows and yes Dave impressed me with his performance. I haven't seen VH sense Mach lll and what a pice of crap that was, so disappointing. Eddie played bits of Eruption and was sloppy at that, tiered to sing and that was a large Fail. The YT vids of the last tour reflect something that is lacking in their performance musically. Then there is the whole Michael Anthony thing which quit frankly without him it just doesn't work. Hell, there are cover groups out that sound better. His kid is a good bass player and it's cool that he can jam with dear old dad at the gig's but if Van Halen ever wants to be of any significance again Edd needs to humble him self and bring the original line up back together seeing how he pretty much drives that boat and the whole group needs to practice like it's the last thing they will ever do on this planet otherwise they just need to hang it up.

If you read Sammy's book "Red" , Eddie seems so crazy, I can't imagine him being able to get it together for another album

RED was an amazing read and really made me like Sammy a lot. He seems very honest and I do believe him when he says how things were. Seems to have his head on straight and genuinely be a great guy all around.

Saw Eddie last couple tours....sucked...living and playing off his legend versus playing accurately or a least with undrunkin heart. He is an amazing musician....but he needs to really do it right this tour. I was ashamed of the slop he played. Dave is great...was great on last tour. I don't respect him at all in the same manner I hold Sammy....but great performer.

I hope they put the album out soon....13 years and counting between albums. Another tour without an album is stupid and pointless....especially if Ed is drunk.

RED was an amazing read and really made me like Sammy a lot. He seems very honest and I do believe him when he says how things were. Seems to have his head on straight and genuinely be a great guy all around.

I'll have to give it a read. He seemed pretty shallow in a Chickenfoot interview I saw. Like he never grew up, and now was this 50 year old teen ager. Sheesh. Hope that's wrong. Always liked his singing. Get on your bad motor scooter and ride....

Eddie seem's more involved in building guitars than playing them in recent years but it's awesome to know a new album is coming out. As far as Sammy's comments about Eddie most of the weird stuff mentioned was around the time of his divorce which explains alot IMO.

Back
Top Bottom