Valve settings

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Lately I sold my old 2101 and 3 weeks later decided to get one back as I still couldn't get the sounds I wanted with Axe/combo amp, allthough I come a lot closer now and I have to say that Axe Ultra through PA is perfect now (for me at least !) and better than anything I had before. The sound of the new second hand 2101 wouldn't be the same as with my previous 2101 and then I remembered I had changed the 12AX7 stock mount valves (chinese ones) with JJ 12AX7's. I had two in stock, did the change and immediately found back my old "trusted" sounds. I BTW always had changed V1 & V2 on any amp I had with JJ's or good sovteks with really attenuates the cold sound of Chinese tubes and fattens the sound generally speaking, beyond warming it up also.

From here I get back to Axe Fx and wonder if there exists a list of settings that could generate comparable results towards amp simulations. The power amp parameters will not enable me the same result. So here's a wish...allthough I have few hope it will find any echo, but as I decided to wait a few years for Axe Fx III; one never knows !! Maybe a nice idea for Axe Fx III :))))

Also a question about the pentode mode for power amps that will come with a new Axe Fx II Firmware shortly, will this option be available - even in a limited version - to Axe Fx ULTRA users in a V12 Firmware ? Please...??? (hug hug smile smile...)

Back
Top Bottom