Valve amp vs Axe FX.. or playing a little joke on the 'purists'..

Horganovski

Experienced
I posted a shorter version of this video on a Guitar forum on Facebook as an experiment. In that version I cut the video just after I play the last chord..before I reveal that it's not actually the valve amp you see that I'm playing through :)

I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this but I have to admit it's kind of fun watching people compliment the clip and 'agreeing with me' that yeah valves sound much better than that 'sterile' digital stuff :)

I'll post this longer version of the video on the forum a little later.. hopefully they will take it in good spirit ;)

Cheers,
Brian

Someone just asked me what settings I'm using on the Peavey as they have the same amp and want to get the same sound.. now I almost feel a little mean.. almost! But I think it helps prove my point!

That's messed up;).........If it turns out that you were playing through a FRFR speaker and not a guitar cab, that would even be better.....:eek:

I'm running the Axe into an old Marshall Valvestate 160w poweramp (solid state) set to 'linear' mode into a Marshal 1922 2x12 cab. I only play at home so haven't sprung for a FRFR setup so far. I find my DI sound from the Axe sounds pretty close to what I get in the room though with a minor bit of EQ.

And yeah, the neck is scalloped, it's a YJM signature Strat with Seymour Duncan YJM Fury's, I love this guitar :)

The amp model I'm using btw is Shiver Clean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom