1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish Value knob push-button (edit button, but backwards)

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Wish List' started by shatteredsquare, Dec 23, 2018.

1. #1 shatteredsquare, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

i use the edit button a lot while inside a block to go to the next block over, but going back is like 'layout-column-edit' or 'home-amp1-edit-edit' or 'exit-column-edit' and over the course of 3 hours i have A LOT of finger misfires doing all that poke poke poking around. i know everyone has their own workflow, but i would really like the ability to set the value knob push-button to be like 'control-shift-tab' on the browser, go back one tab...go back one block from the one you're in. editediteditediteditedit dang went to far editeditediteditedit

2. yyz67

yyz67
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Or something like:
    - short press -> toggle between layout and edit
    - long press -> go back one block in layout (in layout screen) or go back one block in edit mode (in edit mode)

3. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Context specific functions would be great, there's a lot of possibility for that push button. From inside any block, exit goes back to layout, don't see the need for a layout dedicated shortcut that's always right next to exit. It's still minimum three button presses to go back a block, if you've memorized how many blocks it takes to get back around it's legit quicker to do that, editediteditediteditedit

4. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

context specific...

In a block edit view:
    Short press, skip back 1 block
    Long press, reset parameter

In layout view:
    Short press, customizable jump-to block x
    Long press, customizable jump-to block x