Wish Value Knob Behavior Change Option

For me, the panel on the Axe III would be more intuitive if the Value knob acted as a navigation knob. This wish is for there to be an option to change the behavior of the Value knob, so that turning the knob instead changes the selection to the next field on the display. This means the knob would behave as it does on the amp selection screen, for example. There, a turn of the value knob moves to the next amp in the list. I find it very fast to navigate this way.

The front panel has the 5 ABCDE knobs, and I use those primarily to change values. I would prefer using the large Value knob to rapidly move between fields, and when reaching the last field, a turn to the right would move it to the next page. Right hand on the Value knob, left hand on the ABCDE knobs.

Currently a press of the Value knob does nothing for most screens. This can become an Enter button press instead, in the above scenario. And it can also be used to temporarily alter the behavior of the Value knob so that it allows editing the current field's values. In plain English, the user moves field-to-field by turning the Value knob. If they want to edit the currently selected field, the user presses on the Value knob. Then they turn the Value knob to edit the current field. Then press the Value knob again, and resume moving field-to-field. The user can of course also use the ABCDE knobs at any time to edit the field corresponding to each in the active row of fields.

This would make the front panel much more intuitive for me. I keep reaching for the Value knob thinking it will allow me to move field-to-field as it does on the amp selection screen.

Back
Top Bottom