• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Valley of Fire - Solo - Friedman 2018 + ML Legends

Recon24

Had some fun writing a quick solo over the Valley of Fire backing track Jason Becker recently released.

Using the Friedman 2018, just running drive at 7 and all other settings default. Definitely a different flavor from the older V1/V2 versions I usually use, inherently more open and mid-forward with less compression, so I find myself not pushing mids/treble/presence or using the Bright switch like I do with the other Friedmans.

T808 MOD in front as a clean boost (Drive 0 Tone 6 Level 7)
Rich Hall reverb after the cab (around -13db mix level in parallel, high pass at 600hz)
ML Legends Djent Mix (I really enjoy the way the midrange sits with this mix even for non-djent stuff)

Top Bottom