Valley Arts M Series HSS

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Is anyone familiar with these?

Clearly not USA made going by price, wondering if it's worth checking out.

(It's not the firemist finish someone asked about a while ago.)

Believe they were made by Samick. Had one and a friend begged me to sell it to him, so he sure liked it. Had a couple of Samick Artist Series also and they were great bang for the buck guitars too. This was back when you could buy them for 2-300. Don't know what they go for now.

Saw one used recently for $999 I think. Wondering if that makes sense. A friend has one that he loves, but he's in another state so I've never tried it

I have the original Luke Valley Arts. Love it. Not sure about Samick made but think those are made in Japan, and 1,000 usd sounds about right.
Perhaps @guitarnerdswe could provide some insight on this

I have an M-Series Valley Arts Strat. Bought it 1988 in Cologne at "Valley Arts Germany". AFAIK these were japanese parts put together in Germany under the name "Valley Arts". They cost roughly half of the US-models. Mine is 7/8 size.

The original Vally Arts guitars are Warmoth necks and bodies. They even have the turtle in the neck pocket.

After seeing Larry Carlton play one back in the 80's, I spoke with a representative at Warmoth who confirmed that they supplied Valley Arts with bodies and necks. I then ordered a 7/8 size S-type body and a 24 fret neck, which were assembled by a local luthier who did a great job. It turned out to be one of my favorite guitars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom