Valid question regarding existing presets

Keith White

Experienced
Is there going to be some sort of way to transfer the presets from our current axe fx 2 to the axe 3 Many many hours have been spent on perfecting my presets so it would be really nice to be able to move them instead of lose them. Kind of like when you buy a new phone you can move everything to your new phone.?

Is there going to be some sort of way to transfer the presets from our current axe fx 2 to the axe 3 Many many hours have been spent on perfecting my presets so it would be really nice to be able to move them instead of lose them. Kind of like when you buy a new phone you can move everything to your new phone.?

Valid question, answered many times. Not as of now.

Well, we can all hope that FracTool's creator will take up this challenge for us, but understand that some of the preset architecture is new in the AXE III.

I personally would suggest to not sell initially and instead hold onto to your current Axe-Fx or AX8, get the Axe-III, then run the Axe-Edit software side by side and recreate your favorite presets in the Axe III that way. Once you've got 'em ported, sell the older unit if you must.

I will say you may re-think your preset designs for AXE-III, because a single preset with all this horse power and eight scenes that can be named may cause you to efficiently combine existing presets into a single one - it's pretty cool.

I will say you may re-think your preset designs for AXE-III, because a single preset with all this horse power and eight scenes that can be named may cause you to efficiently combine existing presets into a single one - it's pretty cool.

I agree presets will benefit from rethinking, sometimes greatly. Not to mention there are new blocks that don’t exist in the II and vice versa, there’s no FXL in the III, for example. There are new Input blocks which you can insert anywhere, and no universal Input in the beginning. And so on. This won’t always be a matter of mere replacement, sometimes all the routing will have to be changed. I’m not sure this can be done automatically at all.

Importing individual blocks would be more realistic though. Or merging two blocks into one, like two amps with X/Y could become one block with A/B/C/D.

Well, we can all hope that FracTool's creator will take up this challenge for us, but understand that some of the preset architecture is new in the AXE III.

I personally would suggest to not sell initially and instead hold onto to your current Axe-Fx or AX8, get the Axe-III, then run the Axe-Edit software side by side and recreate your favorite presets in the Axe III that way. Once you've got 'em ported, sell the older unit if you must.

Agree with everything. Really hope that some conversion tool comes. But that will be hard to make I guess since the III is much different from the II. Not sure if the presets translate well to the III.

Keeping your II just to be able to remake your presets is good suggestion. But even with that it is a major PITA and waste of time do do all your presets that way.

Maybe the blocks from the II can be imported as block files in the III? That would be good already.

I'm keeping my II for some time, for sure.

Don't forget that the editors let you export preset settings to CSV, which is a fine way to document all parameters settings of a preset.

Don't forget that the editors let you export preset settings to CSV, which is a fine way to document all parameters settings of a preset.

Can you explain how that works? That is new to me....

When executing that command, the editor writes a file to disk that contains a list of the parameter values of every block in the current preset. It’s a CSV file which means: Comma Separated Values. That’s a basic common database format that can be read or imported by any text editor, spreadsheet and database application.

Last edited:
Also, as posted in another thread, apparently FracTool can do the CSV export for a bank.

And FracTool can be used to "view" any backup and see all the settings.

Back
Top Bottom