IRs Valhallir Master Thread - New cab pack V2-Camo!

Third-party impulse response pack
Sorry for the problems. We have solved the issues and Valhallir.at is clean again. We will prolonge the promotion price for one more day, so people, who had problems will be able to get the pack for the special price.

Have a happy Halloween!

V2-Boa Wallpaper Final.jpg
https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-boa/
Here we go with our new cab pack, the V2-Boa!

A 49 year old, empty Orange® 4×12 cab, found in a friend’s reharsal room. After ripping off the old skin (painted in black) we grinded the surface
(what a frakkin’ job) and loaded the cab with some great speakers, after additional bracings and acoustic improvements.

The new blood red snakeskin tolex gives her a very unique look and led to her name.

Let’s talk about the speakers:

Speaker A is a Celestion® T75 from 1987, with 1777 Kurt Mueller Cone. This version is very different to it’s modern versions, as there is less scoop
and a better overall midrange as known (and often hated) from the new China-mad models.

Speaker B is a Celestion® G12-80 from 1981, also with 1777 Kurt Mueller Cone. Because of it’s coil, the vented big magnet and the 1777 cone it could definitely be called the “father” of the legendary Mesa Black Shadow MC-90s by Celestion®.

Speaker C is a US-made WGS Warehouse® Veteran 30, often desribed as the “better” V30. Very thight midrange without the sizzle of the chinese V30s.

Speaker D is a US-made Scumback® by Weber SA12H-75-16 from 2005, developed from guitar speaker-legend Ted Weber for Scumback, to obtain
the legendary Pulsonic-cone sound, paired with a modern charakter. Let’s say: G12-H30 on testosterone! Truly a highlight in this cab!

Loading a cabinet with different speakers is very difficult, as it can cause some weird phase issues. So we did a lot of trial & error with several different
speakers to make V2-Boa the best possible mix-cab.

You need some “Uberkab-Flavour”? Mix The T75 with the Veteran30 IRs. You wanna go "Roadking" or "Halfback" style? Take the G12-80. You would love some Orange-like G12-H30 Pulsonic mojo? Give the Scumback H75 a go.

The following microphones have been used and abused for this cab pack:

AKG® D202
AKG® C414
Lewitt® MTP440
Shure® SM57
Shure® SM7-B
Sennheiser® MD421
Sennheiser® e906
sE Electronics® 4400 II
sE Electronics® sE8
sE Electronics® V7X
Beyerdynamic M-160 Ribbon
sE Electronics® VR1 Ribbon – Mike Amon Mod (www.mikrofonservice.at)
Royer® R121 Ribbon
Low resonance frequency : 104 Hz.

If you wanna know, how it sounds, let Al Rivero's guitars do the talking:

Or Old front.jpgView attachment 76651V2-Boa Cube Back open.jpgV2-Boa Instapic.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this up to try something a little different and having a lot of fun with it. Loving the V2-Altus pack in particular! Been getting great sounds using the Archean amp (Bright).

While experimenting, I auditioned speaker impedance curves and picked which sounded best to me. For me this ultimately meant leaving the amp’s default curve. What I’m wondering, though, is whether there was one in particular that is more “proper” or makes more sense given the oversized 1x12 and speaker pairing represented here.

Picked this up to try something a little different and having a lot of fun with it. Loving the V2-Altus pack in particular! Been getting great sounds using the Archean amp (Bright).

While experimenting, I auditioned speaker impedance curves and picked which sounded best to me. For me this ultimately meant leaving the amp’s default curve. What I’m wondering, though, is whether there was one in particular that is more “proper” or makes more sense given the oversized 1x12 and speaker pairing represented here.
As this cab (we called it "Red Majesty") is custom-made to my own specifications (For live, I use it with a Celestion F12-X200 and a built in Class D amp module as a GFR-cab) its resonance frequency is just a guideline about the low frequency behavior.
When we tried guitar speakers instead of the F12-X200, we could not believe, how good every speaker we mounted, performed at its absolute optimum. The only other 1x12" cab I know, that has similar qualities, is the "RockBlock" from Divided by 13, which was a cooperation between Bob Rock and Div/13. Everything you put in this cab, sounds better than where it was mounted before. :)
So feel free to set the resonance curve to your liking.

I hope, that we will be able to provide the data for a complete resonance curve for the Axef 3 /FM3 users in future, but in the last months I have been very busy with restoring (but more a complete technical makeover) a 49 year old Orange 4x12 cab, and loading it with 4 different great speakers. It's the V2-Boa cab pack.....so if you are someone, who likes to think outside the box, this might be a big win for you. Marco Fanton and all the new users completely lose their shit about this great cab.

Hey man, thanks for the reply. V2-Boa sounds real interesting. Listened to the Marco tracks on the site and they sound great. I just bought it and can’t wait to start experimenting. On a separate note, any plans to sell V2-Rocky as a dedicated pack?

ValhalIR ask me to test the EVM-12L-version in this cab pack, because I play a old Mesa Thiele with an EVM-12l.
I must confess: I don´t like every one of your cab-packs, dear valhalIR. Some are more for heavy-shredder-players, and some are just not my cup of tea.
But this one is for me the "Hauptgewinn" as we say in german. This is the shit for clean and medium gain and that kind of fat and saturated 80´s-lead sounds (Huff, Lukather Landau etc.)
Any dumble lovers around? It´s a dream come true for Jazz- and Blues-Sounds, even with a strat. Round, warm, fat with that special EV-sparkle on the top. Mesa-Boogie-Heaven too. Or try the CAE Clean- and Rythmchannel. Awesome!
My wife got a little scared, because I was in such a good mood after playing the last days.
This is no lie (and I´m never lying because I´m a pastor in Germany, haha): I´m so happy to have "my" sound finally in the Axe-Fx.

Echoing what @Hamsworld said previously. I didn't really gel with my prior Valhallir purchase, but based on the recommendation for Dumble-style flavors, I went ahead and bought it. Some VERY good tones in here. Massive sound from a 1x12 cabinet, and extremely usable top and bottom ends. Even a lot of the ambient cabs are actually adding to the feel and tone; in the past, I've avoided anything but close-mic'd cabs. Mixing a little of certain ambients in with a close-mic'd IR is doing some nice things, especially with some panning.

Nicely done!

Due to the demand of some customers, we proudly release the V2-Rocky cab pack.
V2-Rocky Wallpaper.jpg

This small, but most precious cab pack is based on an oversized 1×12″ recording cab named “Rock Block” by Divided by 13®,
which was developed together with producer Bob Rock (Metallica, Bon Jovi, The Cult, and many more) to get the fatness of a 4×12 cab,
paired with the precision of a 1×12″ cab. This sophisticated cab is loaded with a Celestion® G12-65 from 1981.

Resonance Frequency: 112 Hz
https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-rocky/

Yay! Still having an absolute blast pairing up the Boa, Red Special, and JCM 1980 cabs with assorted amps. Been waiting for this one to come out standalone ever since it was mentioned here. Great news, more fun to be had...

Here you go, @venne . Look at scene 4. I'm using V2-Rocky-R-R121-A2 panned L, and V2-Eve-d-MTP-A4 panned right. Using with bridge humbucker (WCR Godwood in a PRS) for something kind of close to Robben Ford's tone. Step on the Boost switch in that amp block to push it into lead mode.

Attachments

• Chicago.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 14
@greiswig Thanks for the preset! As I was moving between scenes, I noticed you are pointing to different IRs, and part seem to be factory issued, and others that are in the User bank. Any recommendations? Cheers, Lee

@greiswig Thanks for the preset! As I was moving between scenes, I noticed you are pointing to different IRs, and part seem to be factory issued, and others that are in the User bank. Any recommendations? Cheers, Lee
I'd have to go have a look at the whole preset, and I can't do that for a couple of days. @venne was interested in the ODS scene, so I outlined which cabs were used there in my earlier post with the preset. The other scenes in that preset are a mishmash of stuff I've been putting together for an upcoming gig that centers around Chicago, Steely Dan and some other tunes.

Back
Top Bottom