Vairus. Demo/Download.

Burgs

Power User
Well, the name seemed to fit current events. I was checking out the Legacy model and thought, why not? So, here is my little take on the Vai sound. I should add that I've never attempted to play anything of Steve Vai's, such is the complexity and skill of his prowess, but I sure dig the humour! Hopefully you guys can have some fun and make this your own too. All the best for the coming weeks, folks.

Download from: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7779

Video demo:

You won the internet this week with that title! (Playing's not too bad either ;))

This afternoon I shot, edited and uploaded a video for this preset. It took around 4 hours with the preset write, etc. I called it something lame like SSV100. It was OK, I thought. When I finished I got up to take a break and walk the dog ... and then it clicked. Vairus. So I came back to my desk after dinner and re-recorded the lot just so I could use that preset title. Haha. I'm glad I did. Cheers, SM!

this one is really contagiously fun to play (ouch) ...seriously. Delayed NGD with my purty purple Strandberg Metal Boden 6 celebrated with this...those Fluence pups make this one soooo nice. scene 6 LeadPitch2 is very wonderfully evocative of Steve's mentor Mr. Zappa's
doubled dynaflange tones......Cheers @Burgs for making this a pleasurable isolated morning.!

Thanks @Burgs another great preset.
Doing the same mate just working with the FXIII on some presets for new band and songs
Hopefully see you out on the road with James very soon.

It's funny, a couple days ago I went to try out the Matchless, accidentally selected the Legato instead (next to it in the amp list), and found I actually liked it. That's in spite of kind of dispising Vai's tone most of the time, bee in a beer can. Cool amp.

Last edited:
this one is really contagiously fun to play (ouch) ...seriously. Delayed NGD with my purty purple Strandberg Metal Boden 6 celebrated with this...those Fluence pups make this one soooo nice. scene 6 LeadPitch2 is very wonderfully evocative of Steve's mentor Mr. Zappa's
doubled dynaflange tones......Cheers @Burgs for making this a pleasurable isolated morning.!

Hey Brad. Glad you're having some with it. I thought about doing the Dynaflange thing but in the end went the alternative route to spare complexity. All the best to you and yours.

Thanks @Burgs another great preset.
Doing the same mate just working with the FXIII on some presets for new band and songs
Hopefully see you out on the road with James very soon.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hitting the stage again but I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a few months yet... Cheers!
It's funny, a couple days ago I went to try out the Matchless, accidentally selected the Legato instead (next to it in the amp list), and found I actually liked it. That's in spite of kind of dispising Vai's tone is if the time, bee in a beer can. Cool amp.

👍🏻🤘🏻

Hi Brett,
You've hit the ball out of the park with this one - It sounds great with my LP - thanks so much.
Pauly

Well, the name seemed to fit current events. I was checking out the Legacy model and thought, why not? So, here is my little take on the Vai sound. I should add that I've never attempted to play anything of Steve Vai's, such is the complexity and skill of his prowess, but I sure dig the humour! Hopefully you guys can have some fun and make this your own too. All the best for the coming weeks, folks.

Download from: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7779

Video demo:

It's funny, a couple days ago I went to try out the Matchless, accidentally selected the Legato instead (next to it in the amp list), and found I actually liked it. That's in spite of kind of dispising Vai's tone most of the time, bee in a beer can. Cool amp.
Come on Man!

Back
Top Bottom